Dash Lights and Other Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

USAF Sarge

Reaction score
We are still working out the minor nuisance issues of our new to us 06 Expedition Limited.

Does each information or warning light have a separate bulb? Coming back from Eglin AFB to Panama City my wife decided to use cruise control, while CC worked the indicator lamp didn't illuminate to show it was engaged. If separate bulbs what is the correct bulb?

Really need to figure out what information lights we should have, and check the rest to see which ones work or don't.

Front and rear wipers work, however washer fluid doesn't. Simple as washer pump I'm assuming and hoping. Any thing else I should look at and eliminate first?

Drivers heated seat, switch turns on, lights illuminate to indicate heater is on, then turns off after a few seconds. What should I look into to trouble shoot this.

Should have a Haynes Manual for the Big Beast soon, ordered one as I couldn't find one locally.

As always thank you in advance for your help and shared knowledge!

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Haynes book probably won't be much help. They cover too many years, and vehicles. The Ford factory CD is the one to buy. As far as the cruise control light, my 2000 has separate bulbs. Pulling the dash back is only way I know to get at it, pretty good job.If the cruise works, you and the Mrs, might want to leave the dash be. In some cases, the vehicle has to have the dealer do a reflash when you pull speedo. As far as the washer pump, look at owners book, you can download on line, and find fuse, check it for power, both sides, and that fuse itself is good. Beyond that, pull plug under washer fluid bottle that goes to pump, check for power/ ground. If that pans out, replace the pump itself. Can't help on the seat though, maybe one of the others has monkeyed around with the heated seat.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
To quote bedrck47, "Haynes manuals are only good for lighting fires".

RIP Bob

Copies of the factory service manual are available on eBay for windows OS.

Usual failure on the seat is the seat element or if heated/cooled seats can be blocked airflow, failed module or failed thermocouple.

Last edited:
OP
OP
USAF Sarge

USAF Sarge

Reaction score
To quote bedrck47, "Haynes manuals are only good for lighting fires".

RIP Bob

Copies of the factory service manual are available on eBay for windows OS.

Usual failure on the seat is the seat element or if heated/cooled seats can be blocked airflow, failed module or failed thermocouple.

They are the heated/cooled seats. I'll give it a look-see in the next day or so. Between the little issues on the Beast and dealing with major hurricane damage to the house, it seems every hour of our days is committed to fixing one thing or another.

20181011_071459.jpg 20181011_063837.jpg

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's a great flagpole in front of your home. Hang in their buddy. Thanks for your service. We're here to help you sort out your SUV problems, wish we could help with roof, unless one of our members live nearby, that can offer their time.

OP
OP
USAF Sarge

USAF Sarge

Reaction score
That's a great flagpole in front of your home. Hang in their buddy. Thanks for your service. We're here to help you sort out your SUV problems, wish we could help with roof, unless one of our members live nearby, that can offer their time.

Here's one for you taken the evening after the storm.

20181011_180051.jpg

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Our flag was still there!

Bob Lewis

Reaction score
We are still working out the minor nuisance issues of our new to us 06 Expedition Limited.

Does each information or warning light have a separate bulb? Coming back from Eglin AFB to Panama City my wife decided to use cruise control, while CC worked the indicator lamp didn't illuminate to show it was engaged. If separate bulbs what is the correct bulb?

Really need to figure out what information lights we should have, and check the rest to see which ones work or don't.

Front and rear wipers work, however washer fluid doesn't. Simple as washer pump I'm assuming and hoping. Any thing else I should look at and eliminate first?

Drivers heated seat, switch turns on, lights illuminate to indicate heater is on, then turns off after a few seconds. What should I look into to trouble shoot this.

Should have a Haynes Manual for the Big Beast soon, ordered one as I couldn't find one locally.

As always thank you in advance for your help and shared knowledge!

Hello, Mike,

I always use www.alldatadiy.com for my manuals. The Ford CD sounds like a great way to go, as well. I'm currently fussing with a 2003 Eddie Bauer that has Memory Seat/Mirror/Pedal issues. Have not done much due to a broken shoulder and the blasted cold up here in North Dakota. Pulled the fuse when she had it set up for her. Keep us posted.

Bob

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris7990