Dave's multiple beer break Expy build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey buddy what does a 4 wheel alignment cost up there in RI.? Never had one done so I don't know what to expect.

Around $80... My most recent one was $85 but I've heard some places will do them as low as $70

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
cheapjeep

cheapjeep

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can I join the lifted expy club? Can I huh can I?

20150711_154717%20Small_zpsf7zp9ugx.jpg

Found some bad idler pulleys after I fired it up. Making all kind of noise all of a sudden. Off to the parts store

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol YES you're part of the club [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

OP
OP
cheapjeep

cheapjeep

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Getting her lined up tomorrow and off to New Orleans and then Gulf Breeze Fla. on Sunday morning. Hope she holds together! Changing the oil today. Like that tray thing under the oil filter so oil doesn't run everywhere.

hendricksen11

Reaction score
I thought the tray thing got in the way last (and only time so far) time I changed my oil. I get it's purpose, but couldn't get at filter well enough with it there.

OP
OP
cheapjeep

cheapjeep

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I thought the tray thing got in the way last (and only time so far) time I changed my oil. I get it's purpose, but couldn't get at filter well enough with it there.

Yep after actually dealing with it for the first time it's more of a pain than a help. That and Ford's oddball filter that none of my wrenches fit. There's a Wix on it now that a normal cap wrench fits.

OP
OP
cheapjeep

cheapjeep

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well after all the TLC the Expy has been getting it decides it's going to throw a hiss fit and break. That's gratitude for ya! We're leaving on vacation on the 19th so Monday after work I changed the oil. After starting the thing back up the ac compressor totally locked up and took out the clutch in a cloud of smoke! The compressor was always a little noisy but no more so than most others I've heard so this was a big shock with 6 days left before we head south.Called around from work on Tues and came up with $1000 from a couple local Ford dealers and they were gonna "try" to get it done before we leave. Not very reassuring and was seriously gonna cut into the vacation money.Seeing where the compressor is I wasn't gonna try to fix it myself in the time I had. The place that aligned the beast said If I found a compressor they would install it for $200. Found a compressor off a wrecked '11 for $165 at a salvage yard about 50 mi away and my wife drove down and picked it up. We dropped the expy off tues night and picked it up wed evening with nice cold ac. Thank you Al's Tire! Talk about scrambling! I need a vacation from this vacation.

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well after all the TLC the Expy has been getting it decides it's going to throw a hiss fit and break. That's gratitude for ya! We're leaving on vacation on the 19th so Monday after work I changed the oil. After starting the thing back up the ac compressor totally locked up and took out the clutch in a cloud of smoke! The compressor was always a little noisy but no more so than most others I've heard so this was a big shock with 6 days left before we head south.Called around from work on Tues and came up with $1000 from a couple local Ford dealers and they were gonna "try" to get it done before we leave. Not very reassuring and was seriously gonna cut into the vacation money.Seeing where the compressor is I wasn't gonna try to fix it myself in the time I had. The place that aligned the beast said If I found a compressor they would install it for $200. Found a compressor off a wrecked '11 for $165 at a salvage yard about 50 mi away and my wife drove down and picked it up. We dropped the expy off tues night and picked it up wed evening with nice cold ac. Thank you Al's Tire! Talk about scrambling! I need a vacation from this vacation.

Haha I'm having ac issues as well unfortunately for they found other issues but have a great vacation bud!