Disable seat belt alarm in 2013 Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m4helm

Reaction score
Just bought a 2013 Expedition Limited and am looking for help to disable the seat belt alarm. Not sure if I can use the same code for the F-150 so thought I'd check here first. There were multiple posts for older vehicles, but nothing specific to the 2013. Any help is appreciated.

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Believe the owners manual has the procedure to disable it.Would discourage it however.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes here are the steps:
1. Extend arm over left shoulder
2. Firmly grasp seatbelt buckle
3. Take seatbelt and extend across your mid region until at receiver
4. Insert seat belt buckle into receiver until you hear a “click”
5. Your seatbelt alarm is now disabled.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
I disabled mine using the 8 or 9 clicks system, not sure if it will work for yours but wouldn' hurt to try it, I made a thread about it before it has a how to video for both 2nd gens and 3rd gens if you search my previous posts I'm sure you'll find it.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wouldn’t it be easier to put your seatbelt on?
brick

Its easier to buckle it behind you and leave it like that

Then toss it over your shoulder if you're actually going somewhere but ignore (sit on) the lap belt

Dave-S

Reaction score
Idk why guys do this... its in your manual how to disengage the alarm. you are a grown ass man and if youd like to not use a seat belt t times, then good for you.

Laws are great and all, but on private property, those dingers are annoying. i disable mine too.

llhoneymoons

Reaction score
Agree with the last two posters.

Definitely in the manual. One of the first things I did on mine - also on my '08 Mountaineer.

OP
OP
M

m4helm

Reaction score
Thanks to those who offered help and advice. For those that told me to "buckle my seat belt" in so many words, why bother wasting your time with a reply if it's not relevant to my question.