Disabling auto start/stop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jgudnason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Having driven the new ride for a couple months now disabling the feature has become part of the power up procedure for me. The auto start/stop on/off switch is right next to the parking brake switch in the Navigator so it’s not a biggie to remember.
I wish they had put the park brake switch on the center console near the shifter (in the expedition). I think it's so silly to have to reach down every time for the park brake (which i use every time i park / driveway is on a grade)

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wish they had put the park brake switch on the center console near the shifter (in the expedition). I think it's so silly to have to reach down every time for the park brake (which i use every time i park / driveway is on a grade)
agreed. i think center would have been better

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The parking brake will automatically release when you drive away. Just put the truck in drive (or reverse) and give it some gas. It’ll tell you “Parking Brake On” as soon as you shift and the brake will hold the vehicle in place, but as soon as you apply the accelerator, it’ll release on its own...no reason to reach down and let it loose manually.

Page 205-206 of the second printing of the manual:
5a997c218d2dc2a8d7740553927ee3eb.jpg6ea03060c5efbfffd51562f4f4c5f041.jpg

Last edited:

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The parking brake will automatically release when you drive away. Just put the truck in drive (or reverse) and give it some gas. It’ll tell you “Parking Brake On” as soon as you shift and the brake will hold the vehicle in place, but as soon as you apply the accelerator, it’ll release on its own...no reason to reach down and let it loose manually.

Page 205-206 of the second printing of the manual:
5a997c218d2dc2a8d7740553927ee3eb.jpg6ea03060c5efbfffd51562f4f4c5f041.jpg
When I do this in the Navigator it sends a brake fault warning to the Lincoln way app.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I do this in the Navigator it sends a brake fault warning to the Lincoln way app.
Oh wow! Yeah, nothing like that on the Expi. I confirmed while I was out this morning that it works just as advertised.

jgudnason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i must admit i probably never got to the "put foot on accelerator" part. when i take food off of brake and vehicle doesn't idle/move, i'm like "oh yea", and i turn the brake off.

benyl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The issue isn’t wear and tear on the starter and motor. It’s the battery(ies).

My E63 wagon had the primary and secondary batteries shit the bed after 3.5 years. Luckily covered under warrranty. My wife drives it mostly and never turns off the stop start.

rob4092xx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I cannot get the dashboard piece to come off. It feels like it is bolted in. I am speaking of the very first panel that must come off to access the switch. How the heck did you get this to snap off?

This video of a guy with a Raptor shows how he disabled auto start/stop by removing disconnecting a cable from under the dash. Seems to work and I am going to try it and report any other issues.

What he unhooks maybe just the auto start/stop ignition control wires between the button and the starter module or something to that effect. I’m going to try it and see what I think. If it works it might be a satisfactory work around to easily disable and reenable at will without reprogramming or taking the dash apart.

EDIT- I tried it out and it does effectively disable the auto start/stop function. A side effect is that the blinkers have a more rapid blinking and audible alert, like twice as fast, but the external lights remain at normal speed. No other functions seem to have been affected. Don’t know for sure is Hill Assist or Traction Control is effected. Maybe someone with more expertise can chime in.

I plugged the wires back in and did a full vehicle restart. Normal operation auto start/stop returned. It did take a couple of full stops for it to start working but it worked. I had it unplugged for,about 30 miles then plugged it back in. Unplugged it again for a mile or two and plugged it back in with the resumption of the AS/S. “AS/S”. Hehehehehe

OP
OP
S

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ended up,using FORScan to disable the AS/S. It might have some adhesive on the top dash tray that holds it down. I didn’t make the vid but you could contact the creator thru you tube and he might give you some guidance.

Reaction score
I have used a pulse timer relay to change settings on other vehicles when I start the vehicle. The relay module does the equivalent of pushing the button. I would think it would work in this situaiton as well.