Disabling auto start/stop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cekkk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just another expensive gimmick to squeeze a tenth of an MPG for CAFE to satisfy ridiculous EPA/NHTSA community. Same with my 6.2 dropping to a 4 cylinder when load lightens. The urban dwellers who make up these regs don't care how much it adds to our costs. They're taking the train to work.

Enjoy that 17 mpg over 16. You've paid thousands for it.

Dormammu

Reaction score

ONLY if you have the TOW package you can disable auto start/stop with a trailer light tester.

rob4092xx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
But once you install this, you lose the backup alarm beeps warning you of something behind you.

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It absolutely kicks on in “normal” mode when at a busy 4 way stop or at a cross traffic 2 way stop. Then, when you try to quickly accelorate to get into traffic you get engine lag. For me I can feather the brake to kick the motor on, but the wife not so much. It seems all Ford would have to do is program the functionality into the system. At any rate I ordered th cabling and downloaded FORScan in order to turn it off. Hopefully the FORScan community will discover a hack to have off as default.

From what I understand, it’s a regulatory issue. In order for Ford to claim certain MPG numbers and meet EPA requirements, the measure cannot be permanently disabled. Only per-ride. You can thank our wonderful government for sticking its fingers into our daily lives yet again.

OP
OP
S

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It can be permanently disabled through FORScan or by unplugging a wire bundle under the dash. I prefer FORScan but there are youtube vids about what to unplug. I tried unplugging and found the interior click rate of the turn signals to be increased while the exterior signals flashed the same as normal. I went the FORScan route and haven’t looked back.

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It can be permanently disabled through FORScan or by unplugging a wire bundle under the dash. I prefer FORScan but there are youtube vids about what to unplug. I tried unplugging and found the interior click rate of the turn signals to be increased while the exterior signals flashed the same as normal. I went the FORScan route and haven’t looked back.

I just downloaded the FORScan lite app for $5 and ordered the $25 OBD dongle. Plan to do the same.

jgudnason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just downloaded the FORScan lite app for $5 and ordered the $25 OBD dongle. Plan to do the same.

25$ sounds suspect for an ODB2 dongle that will actually work.

my tool was $85 USD - one of the recommended ones.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006NZTZLQ/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

see page 1 of this document:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-8dKaS_Spu4Zw4hV_CrKC4tLoP9G8yejqegF1wxIqxY/edit

from this thread (worth the week to read it, lots of good info in there):
https://www.f150forum.com/f118/forscan-software-enable-disable-features-your-truck-348987/

and the spreadsheet with values for the F150 (haven't really found any variance yet with the expedition)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...iVSlDFGFHnfeuhb3RTMVz95730/edit#gid=815852466

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Just FYI...the FORSCAN lite app won’t allow you to make any changes. It will only let you see the data, but no changes.

OP
OP
S

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
FORScan is free but you have to register for a license which expires every 90 days. It takes a day or so for them to approve the license. I think once they figure out how to bill for it they will.