Discovered something neat!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

superexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you are like me and don't want your trailer hitch on your expy cuz you don't want it to get stolen or trip over it in your driveway and you don't want it in your expy in-case you crash and don't want it bouncing off your head then you can do what I did and put it in backwards. Meaning put it in you receiver from underneath your expy where your spare is.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is interesting. I keep mine in the normal way in case I get rear ended. Low enough speed and the offending car will not touch the bumper haha. Saved my rear bumper twice in the last couple of years. I figure if someone steals it, its theirs. Hitches are pretty cheap. Is there a hitch pin hole on the other end too?

Last edited:

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
If you are like me and don't want your trailer hitch on your expy cuz you don't want it to get stolen or trip over it in your driveway and you don't want it in your expy in-case you crash and don't want it bouncing off your head then you can do what I did and put it in backwards. Meaning put it in you receiver from underneath your expy where your spare is.

I have a locking hitch pin but I actually leave it in the garage when not in use. Its hard on my legs when I leave her in... I'll forget its there but usually get reminded. :doh2:

Interesting idea though! Never would have considered that.

Last edited:

TexasAngel34

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a locking pin on mine and when i am not using it i have a light ford cover on mine so i dont hit it lol unless of course i forget with the ball is on ... Then yea OUCH!!!!

mc0311grunt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a pintle hook in mine. Good to know. Usually I'll hit it with my leg before I take it off and put it in the cargo area

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Haha by leaving mine in all the time I have trained myself to avoid it. In fact I do this weird looking hopping motion when walking around trucks without a hitch in... Its just habit haha. :idiot:

cymru

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This could be an urban legend but I heard in NJ you can get a ticket for having it in when not towing and are opening yourself up to a lawsuit if someone hurts themselves on it... in fact if it sticks out more than 6 inches it must have an orange flag on it .... I could be wrong but in the peoples republic of NJ it would not surprise me

cymru

Full Access Members
Reaction score
photo.php

mc0311grunt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In Commiefornia it cannot obstruct the view of your license plate. I am waiting for some texting college chick with no insurance to rear end me with my hitch in.

Anders

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Im used to have my fixed. Have always done so on my vehicles.