do I need to lift my Expo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudryder18

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think you mean terra grapplers by nitto, and it depends on how wide the tire is. 295/70r17(11.5" wide) would not stick out but the 33x12.5x17 might stick out. And yes if you get a 3" body lift after you get 33s they will look very small.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
just look at muddys picture when he has the 35s and compared them to the 38.5s. itll look like that. super small. my 32s look small with just torsion crank.

LastExpo2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a place that will do the body lift for 700. What would be a good size tire to put on it? I'm looking for a wider we as well that way I don't need to worry about rims right

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well with a 3" BL and 2" or 3" spacer and a torsion bar crank many run a 315/75 or 35x12.5 on either stock rims or 8" wide rims

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
only the front has torsion bars... rear would need coil spacers... pretty cheap on ebay...

basically the bars have a bolt that you can tighten which will lift the front end of the expy... i'll look for a link discussing this in depth.. it has been discussed a lot... but i need to make a picture "how to"

LastExpo2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
only the front has torsion bars... rear would need coil spacers... pretty cheap on ebay...

basically the bars have a bolt that you can tighten which will lift the front end of the expy... i'll look for a link discussing this in depth.. it has been discussed a lot... but i need to make a picture "how to"

Because my front end has significant clearance between the wheel well and tire. The back end sets a little lower. I will post pics as soon as I can

LastExpo2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If I were to put 2" coil spacers in the back and slightly larger shock all around that would provide me with a lift correct? Ive just been google things and wonder if that sounds accurate

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
spacer will lift the rear of your expy while cranking the torsion bars will lift your front.... shocks do not lift a vehicle... they simply stop oscillation... if you dont have shocks your springs would bounce for a long time... but with longer shocks to complement the spacers you will get longer suspension travel and the ride will be better...

LastExpo2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
spacer will lift the rear of your expy while cranking the torsion bars will lift your front.... shocks do not lift a vehicle... they simply stop oscillation... if you dont have shocks your springs would bounce for a long time... but with longer shocks to complement the spacers you will get longer suspension travel and the ride will be better...

If I bought 2" coil spacers would I need to get bigger shocks?
Also about how much clearance would 2" coil spacers give me without a 3" body lift

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire