do I need to lift my Expo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
only the front has torsion bars... rear would need coil spacers... pretty cheap on ebay...

basically the bars have a bolt that you can tighten which will lift the front end of the expy... i'll look for a link discussing this in depth.. it has been discussed a lot... but i need to make a picture "how to"

I think I made one on the old site with pics and everything. I'll look tonite after work and bring it over here if you don't get to it before hand Walnuts.

LastExpo2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well with a 3" BL and 2" or 3" spacer and a torsion bar crank many run a 315/75 or 35x12.5 on either stock rims or 8" wide rims

I'm having trouble finding 2" coil spacers. Do you have a link and do you know if daystar makes 2"? Also are they fairly simple to install? Can I do this with some jack stands and a hydrolic jack?

LastExpo2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think I made one on the old site with pics and everything. I'll look tonite after work and bring it over here if you don't get to it before hand Walnuts.

Also would I need to purchase new shocks to make up for the extra length I would be adding or will my stock shocks be alright?

JDMitchell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You havent gotten any metal on metal rubbing or any clanging?

I have 2 inch spacers and have never had any problems with noise or rubbing.

If I bought 2" coil spacers would I need to get bigger shocks?
Also about how much clearance would 2" coil spacers give me without a 3" body lift

Also it's fairly easy to put them on?

Also would I need to purchase new shocks to make up for the extra length I would be adding or will my stock shocks be alright?

2 inch spacer and stock sized PRO-Comp ES9000 shocks for me and it works great. I was going to get the +4 shocks but the retailer I bought them from suggested that I use the stock size and I couldn't be happier.

LastExpo2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have 2 inch spacers and have never had any problems with noise or rubbing.

2 inch spacer and stock sized PRO-Comp ES9000 shocks for me and it works great. I was going to get the +4 shocks but the retailer I bought them from suggested that I use the stock size and I couldn't be happier.

So it's fine to keep my stock shocks? My expy has high highway mileage...and since my front end is 2" or slightly higher I wont have to worry about brake lines or anything?
What is the max tire size I could run on that also?
Does anyone have a set of directions for te installation?

I'm sorry that most of my questions are redundant I just want to get all the facts

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
for front just go under and crank you t bars. super duper easy. just google it. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+crank+torsion+bars and the rear take a bottle lift and stick it between the axle and body and start jacking. until the coil is far enough away to put the spacer in. and set back down and good to go.

LastExpo2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
for front just go under and crank you t bars. super duper easy. just google it. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+crank+torsion+bars and the rear take a bottle lift and stick it between the axle and body and start jacking. until the coil is far enough away to put the spacer in. and set back down and good to go.

Where would I get a bottle lift and what is it exactly? Should I replace the shocks too since my vehicle has high mileage? I found 2" polyurethane rear spacers for 70 does anyone know where I can get them cheaper? eBay didn't have anything

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani