DTE Tow Setting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jskane125

Reaction score
Folks .. I just bought a new 2020 XLT .. I like it very much. Question - I cannot find the setting to change DTE to TOW - so the remaining miles to empty changes. Do you have to have the camper hooked up for that to appear? Or is it automatic? I have looked throughout the 8" screen settings.

I went the dealer, and their "expert" said he never heard of that setting. I had it on my 2012 Explorer

Last edited:

rdlangston13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Gotta love those dealer “experts”. Blows me away how many sales people At dealers know nothing about what they are selling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any idea I’d there is a setting for this?

I checked the other day and it was actually in the dash display settings. But as I said, mine updates automatically when towing, so I never bother to use it. I also know from experience I can go around 250 miles.

OP
OP
J

Jskane125

Reaction score
Thanks. That’s what I’m guess. Since you connect a trailer in the new settings, it knows it’s there I had the DTE change option in my old explorer

safe travels