Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
At that price though I would be considering alternatives!! But I am into these kind of things.

Knautical2001

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not to mention to have your engine built like that, you are going to wind up spending the same amount, you have to have it tuned, pay for the labor etc. The Edelbrock makes it something you can do yourself and it will be made for a stock engine and comes with the programmer.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Not to mention to have your engine built like that, you are going to wind up spending the same amount, you have to have it tuned, pay for the labor etc. The Edelbrock makes it something you can do yourself and it will be made for a stock engine and comes with the programmer.

Do you work for Edelbrock or have stock with the Co.. LOL..

But what you said is true unless you do the work yourself.

Knautical2001

Full Access Members
Reaction score
LMAO, No, but if I did that would be GREAT!! Maybe I would get a discount on the Supercharger. LOL Maybe I should look into stock too. LOL I have just done a lot of looking into different options. Edelbrock seems to be the better one. LOL :D

Bojo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The best prices I found were Summit Racing and Jegs. Same price. $6480.

I feel this is a much better option than a built engine. A 500hp small block would be relatively radical. This is my daily driver. I want the power, but want it civilized.

Did you guys notice that beautiful torque curve? Over 450 ft-lbs from 2500 rpm. :)

Knautical2001

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is another reason I like it. :D It can be used as a daily driver with the option to floor it. LOL

Wesdrie

Reaction score
Hi
I bought a Edelbrock supercharger in Aug 2010 (at that time the only kit available was for the F150) I installed it om my 2008 Exedition. Had to do a few small modification.
But the biggest problem is the software. They supplied me with a STC handheld programmer, but the file does not see the Expedition ECU. I found out from STC that the F150 and Expedition does not share the same ECU.
The Edelbrock web does list the Expedition now, but the software is still the same as last year. They did send me a file on e-mail that I could upload to my Expedition, but the tune is realy bad. My car makes the same power as a standard Expedition.
I had the car yesterday at a local tuner in Dubai, but his HP tuning software could not read the Expedition ECU.
I got to a point where I want to restore my car to standard again.
Any good advice would be appreciated.

EXPYFAN

Reaction score
Hi
I bought a Edelbrock supercharger in Aug 2010 (at that time the only kit available was for the F150) I installed it om my 2008 Exedition. Had to do a few small modification.
But the biggest problem is the software. They supplied me with a STC handheld programmer, but the file does not see the Expedition ECU. I found out from STC that the F150 and Expedition does not share the same ECU.
The Edelbrock web does list the Expedition now, but the software is still the same as last year. They did send me a file on e-mail that I could upload to my Expedition, but the tune is realy bad. My car makes the same power as a standard Expedition.
I had the car yesterday at a local tuner in Dubai, but his HP tuning software could not read the Expedition ECU.
I got to a point where I want to restore my car to standard again.
Any good advice would be appreciated.

Isn't it possible to contact a reputable SCT tuner in the states & have them email you some files? like a starter tune for your setup. You have the hand held already. Thats what Im planning with my Lightning conversion here shortly. If you pick the right tuner & can data log on your end,I cant see why you cant good help,even in dubai. I would invest in a good wideband A/F gauge if you dont have one already.

Bojo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just picked up the Expedition on Saturday. It has good pep, but isn't what I was expecting. It seems to be picking up the more I drive it. I am taking it in soon for a couple dyno runs at a shop here locally. I'm curious what it's putting out. It won't spin the tires, and that has me curious too. Although I had a diesel truck putting out 450 hp and over 700 lb-ft of torque and it just hooked up too, so who knows.

I don't have a boost gauge yet either, and they can measure boost on the dyno. There is very little whine. To be continued. :)

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I just picked up the Expedition on Saturday. It has good pep, but isn't what I was expecting. It seems to be picking up the more I drive it. I am taking it in soon for a couple dyno runs at a shop here locally. I'm curious what it's putting out. It won't spin the tires, and that has me curious too. Although I had a diesel truck putting out 450 hp and over 700 lb-ft of torque and it just hooked up too, so who knows.

I don't have a boost gauge yet either, and they can measure boost on the dyno. There is very little whine. To be continued. :)

Is it 2wd or 4wd? Maybe traction control is kicking in?! Is there an off switch for it?