Exhaust resonator replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

splintrcel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anyone know what ford made the 1st gen EB towing package exhaust systems out of, i am guessing stainless. I need to replace the resonator and i want the new one to be welded. Also, anyone have some suggestions for a good replacement, i want a deeper sound, but not obnoxiously loud and has to be out of a good material, none of this aluminum sprayed steel. prefferably stainless.

Yudaman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know on my '98EB the exhaust system was GARBAGE!!! Cut that S**T off just as fast as I could. 2 1/2" pipe from the manifolds to the muffler, then 2 1/4" pipe from the muffler out the back? I think not!
Anyways, on my '98 it had plain steel tubing to the muffler and an aluminized steel tailpipe.

GotExhaust.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
A resonator is basically just a simplified muffler anyway, we usually recommend removing the resonator and dialing in your sound with a quality muffler. If you're looking for an aggressive sound and no drone, sometimes a resonator + muffler is the solution. In that case we will normally use small Magnaflow round mufflers as resonators.

Exhaust tones is subjective, if you need help with your next exhaust purchase please feel free to send us a PM!