Expedition Ecoboost Tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Funny thing is all you have to do is stomp on the gas in 6th and it’ll go to 3rd automatically.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Jeff are you feeling better now? Are you sleeping?

Naw, seems like I get 3-4 hrs per night, not the solid * I used to get. I do sleep better with my sweetheart but we always seem to get to sleep very late and wake early....VEG..

Thanks for asking Andy....

The advantage of selected shifting is that it is in some way, eliminating time.....if it's via how it routes the shifting info or whatever, there definitely is a solid reduction in any delay. Especially if you nail the TB at the same time as Select shifting.....it's like they each have a implementation sequence that you can have both run concurrently instead of consecutively....there in would lie the advantage.....but this is only supposition on my part since I do not know the actual Solution employed.

jeff

Last edited:

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just got word my tuner has shipped. Super excited and ready to unleash the beast. From the videos ive watched and articles Ive read the gains being made are pretty awesome and well within a safe range. I went with the SCT X4 tuner from 5 Star. Tunes I chose are 93 Performance, 93 Performance/Tow and 89 Performance/Tow. Ive run 87 only once in a year and a half of ownership and wont ever do it again unless I absolutely have to. Tuned or not the truck flat out performs better with 93 in it. So with that said an 87 tune wasn't even considered. I'll probably run 93 perf the bulk of the time then switch to the perf/tow when its time to hitch up the toy hauler.

I took the wifes MDX today to get the tires rotated and left having purchased 4 new Michelin Defender LTX M/S tires for the Expedition. I'll be getting them installed tomorrow. Should be a nice upgrade from the OEM p rated Hankooks. I hate to get rid of a tire with only 13K miles on them but with the towing I do it just makes since to go ahead and put a stouter tire on it

WakeZone

Reaction score
A performance tune producing +80rwhp +80ft‐lbs sounds like a no-brainer. One question: the tow mode down shift feature is awesome and I wouldn't want to lose it; anybody notice any negative effects on the tow mode e-brake function?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A performance tune producing +80rwhp +80ft‐lbs sounds like a no-brainer. One question: the tow mode down shift feature is awesome and I wouldn't want to lose it; anybody notice any negative effects on the tow mode e-brake function?

E-Brake stands for electronic brake and is typically used in the current auto world to describe Electronically activated Emergency brakes. Now that has been clarified.

All of the tuning options I have used so far on the Expy, have not had any negative effect on the Trans braking when towing. One of my tunes actually made it more aggressive.

Also, since this thread was last updated, there are many options on the market for tuning.

HyperTech
LMS
Unleashed
5-Star
ZFG Racing
BCB

All of the above plus a few more out there can tune the 15-17 Expy. Look around and read some reviews. I highly recommend going with a Tuner that uses an HPTuner MPVI2 or NGauge. With additional credits both can be used to tune additional vehicles. They both come with software for full logging on a laptop, which is very useful if you want to tweak the tune.

@16plati is using 5Star, and is very happy. I have heard mixed reviews personally, but never tried them.

ZFG is my current tuner, but getting tunes from BCB(Brew City Boost) soon. Just to try them out(heard really good stuff).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They don’t recommend using a straight performance tune while towing. Gearing and shift strategies too aggressive. You would need to purchase a performance tow tune and they can make it shift however you want. Plenty of 5 star f150s out there towing the shit outta stuff. And 5 star, unlike livernois, actually calibrates there tunes with trucks and fully loaded trailers to make the beat ECU map for each application. That’s why 5 star is the preferred vendor over Livernois (which by the way is wayyyyu too expensive, and 5 star tunes make more power)

The key though is to not just take the first tune they send you and say “oh it’s good”. I’ve had 13 revisions done to mine and I guarantee you I make over 400rwhp and rwtq with how great they have it dialed in. 23psi of boost, -0.96 OAR and 0.44 degrees ok knock at WOT. 2016 el platinum 3” lift on 35s and 3.73s runs a 0-60 in 5.7 secs

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
E-Brake stands for electronic brake and is typically used in the current auto world to describe Electronically activated Emergency brakes. Now that has been clarified.

All of the tuning options I have used so far on the Expy, have not had any negative effect on the Trans braking when towing. One of my tunes actually made it more aggressive.

Also, since this thread was last updated, there are many options on the market for tuning.

HyperTech
LMS
Unleashed
5-Star
ZFG Racing
BCB

All of the above plus a few more out there can tune the 15-17 Expy. Look around and read some reviews. I highly recommend going with a Tuner that uses an HPTuner MPVI2 or NGauge. With additional credits both can be used to tune additional vehicles. They both come with software for full logging on a laptop, which is very useful if you want to tweak the tune.

@16plati is using 5Star, and is very happy. I have heard mixed reviews personally, but never tried them.

ZFG is my current tuner, but getting tunes from BCB(Brew City Boost) soon. Just to try them out(heard really good stuff).

BCB has blown several f150 driveshafts just fyi

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
BCB has blown several f150 driveshafts just fyi

And 5 Star has blown some Motors, and X has Blown some Trans....and so forth. Pay to play!

Our Drive shafts are WAY different than anything in the F-150.