Expedition EL Updated Look

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sierra Lima1470

Full Access Members
Reaction score
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

So this is how my Expedition looks as of 12-30-2013.
-Since then the rear rims have had the little caps put on.

The first thing that I did to my Expedition was add a Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow. Just to let everyone know, the flowmaster site says that our pipes are a 3.00 inch diameter offset in/ center out. It is NOT. It is actually 2.50 inches. So I still have the 3.00 one installed but it looks terribly done but is supposedly sealed well. The muffler sounds great! Very throaty during acceleration, much louder than normal. But during highway cruising/steady speed its nearly as quite as stock at every speed except 62-67 MPH. I dont know why but its terrible then.... but fortunately on my highway traveling I am doing 70+ which really is just as quiet as stock. $89.00+ $60.00 installation.

Second, I ordered a front brush guard (Steelcraft 51310 07 13 Ford Expedition Black Powdercoat Grille Guard | eBay) which was $286.56+$149.00 shipping from California to Virginia for $435.56 total. Its a GREAT price for a quality product.

The rear tail light guards (07 11 Ford Expedition Taillight Guards Black | eBay) were $48.22+$15.00 Shipping. Those were made in Canada and they were a good price BUT the I would not recommend them. The mounting brackets on them fit perfectly on the left one. But the right one I spent 45+ mins bending and trying to align them to fit properly. I had to make WAY too many corrections to the mounts. It stressed me out. The welds weren't so hot either. But I already bought them so they'll stay on the truck until they fall apart.

The roof rack was a carry over from my 2003 Expedition that was in storage. It has not aged well. I plan on replacing it with a custom made one that will fill out the roof a bit better, because I can not seem to find a large one on the internet.

I also bought a pair of 6'' Offroad lights (2 6" Offroad Driving Fog Light Kit Brush Guard w Covers Glass Lens Zi | eBay) as cheap place holders on the brush guard. Unfortunately, I broke the glass cover on one of them trying to install it so they'll stay in the box in my garage.

I bought a set of rims off of a brand new F-150 STX, and added 275/65/R18 Michelin LTX2 M/S tires. They are the exact same dimensions as the 20 inch rims and tires. They ride really well. But I don't know if I am happy with the way they look.

I also added some AutoGrafixDesigns decal overlay on my Ford badges. The quality is alright I suppose. However, if you order from them, do NOT chose the font in the "chrome" trim. It is not chrome it is terrible Microsoft Word color chrome. The long gone "Patriot Decals" provided a much high quality product.

So that's where I am at now. I plan on getting the bigger roof basket, and adding lights to the brush guard and future basket. Maybe either removing the running boards, or swapping them out for the metal tubular type.

IMG_20140202_162406.jpg

IMG_20140202_162123.jpg

IMG_20140202_162040.jpg

IMG_20140202_162017.jpg

IMG_20140202_162150.jpg

Last edited:

High Desert

Reaction score
Looks great. Like that grill guard, need to order one for mine. I think the wheels look sharp too. Nice balanced look.

Shaun

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good exept for the wheels in my opinion. I would have stuck with the 20's

B

bedrck46

"So this is how my Expedition looks as of 12-30-2014.
-Since then the rear rims have had the little caps put on."

Is that the correct date? Does look nice

sk8ordie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
looks good, wish you were closer ive been thinking about selling my roof rack. i saw a new design that i want to try to make but need the funds for material first. are you planning on lifting it at all?

OP
OP
Sierra Lima1470

Sierra Lima1470

Full Access Members
Reaction score
looks good, wish you were closer ive been thinking about selling my roof rack. i saw a new design that i want to try to make but need the funds for material first. are you planning on lifting it at all?

Me too. I really like your basket! and I have been thinking about possibly lifting it. Just with the 3in front and 2 rear one that I see people use. If I do that, I would probably put the 20's back on with larger tires to fill out the wheel wells better.

OP
OP
Sierra Lima1470

Sierra Lima1470

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It looks clean man. Kind of cop like look with the bumper

Engine mods? Or plans too?

Right now, I dont know what I will do to the engine. I have recently changed out the spark plugs, and one of the coil packs so its running very well now. I know that I want to get a Tuner for sure. Just have not decided on what brand.