Extreme Service Delays

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I operate a Funeral Home, I've seen this first hand. I'm just annoyed by the way this country crawled in a hole and shut down. Sorry if it sounded as if I was mocking this particular disease. I worked through this whole thing while everyone else seemed to sit home and hide (including the mechanics). I handled many remains with Covid.

Not all of our country crawled into a hole or hid - for a lot of last year, the criminals and thugs in various cities had no problem rioting, looting, shooting, killing, robbing others, setting fires etc. Many of our elected officials said nothing about them, yet tried to force many legitimate businesses and churches to shut-down, often criticizing the law abiding people.

The massive increase in violence continues though out many major cities in the USA, and many liberals are trying to blame COVID for the violence increase. I don’t buy it.

Your work must have been difficult - and probably still is. Good luck.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not all of our country crawled into a hole or hid - for a lot of last year, the criminals and thugs in various cities had no problem rioting, looting, shooting, killing, robbing others, setting fires etc. Many of our elected officials said nothing about them, yet tried to force many legitimate businesses and churches to shut-down, often criticizing the law abiding people.

The massive increase in violence continues though out many major cities in the USA, and many liberals are trying to blame COVID for the violence increase. I don’t buy it.

Your work must have been difficult - and probably still is. Good luck.

I agree.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I will absolutely say that many corporations are abusing the effects of covid. E.g. just found out the manufacturer of the siding on my home decided it was a good time to stop producing the siding "due to covid". One of my very good friends was one of the very first critical patients in CO and ended up with tons of experimental treatments to bring him back, thankfully he is okay.

Sorry *opinions and rants follow*

I think the bigger issue is how our commercial industries of all types have relied so heavily on china for manufacturing, and our govt officials sat and watched it happen. I get it, many of them have so much money tied up in our stock market, that they want companies to turn higher profits to help their own fortunes. Why are there hundreds of thousands of fords sitting in parking lots unsellable? Oh yeah. For me, the sad part is I don't think anyone is going to learn from this. Our ****** CDC won't stockpile enough PPE for the next thing, businesses will continue to do what they do. But I get the other side too, consumers want cheap everything and our labor market is too expensive. Taxing corps higher will likely make it even worse. I could go on and on.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I will absolutely say that many corporations are abusing the effects of covid. E.g. just found out the manufacturer of the siding on my home decided it was a good time to stop producing the siding "due to covid". One of my very good friends was one of the very first critical patients in CO and ended up with tons of experimental treatments to bring him back, thankfully he is okay.

Sorry *opinions and rants follow*

I think the bigger issue is how our commercial industries of all types have relied so heavily on china for manufacturing, and our govt officials sat and watched it happen. I get it, many of them have so much money tied up in our stock market, that they want companies to turn higher profits to help their own fortunes. Why are there hundreds of thousands of fords sitting in parking lots unsellable? Oh yeah. For me, the sad part is I don't think anyone is going to learn from this. Our ****** CDC won't stockpile enough PPE for the next thing, businesses will continue to do what they do. But I get the other side too, consumers want cheap everything and our labor market is too expensive. Taxing corps higher will likely make it even worse. I could go on and on.

And don’t forget while our government was unable to provide PPE for the heath care workers, and police officers and fire fighters exposed to COVID daily - our local, county, state and federal governments had no problem providing free Narcan and needles/syringes for the dope addicts.

Scott Hunter

Reaction score
COVID has thrown a monkey wrench into everything. So many companies had to downsize and shut factories due to lack of workers, etc. Lumber costs are insane. Car companies can't get parts.I'm not surprised that Ford dealerships are having service backlogs, but 6 months to a year is insane.

OP
OP
T

TheSpecialMan

Reaction score
Update on my situation - I did call the Ford Customer Service line last week and let them know how long my vehicle was at the dealer without even a diagnosis. While I was on the line, the Ford rep put me on hold and called the dealer herself. She came back and said the service advisor at the dealer stated the problem had been diagnosed, they already had the parts and it was just a matter of the transmission tech having time to get to the repair.
That was news to me, so I called the dealer back myself and spoke to my service advisor who confirmed what she had told the Customer Service rep and said she thought my previous service advisor told me they had ordered parts and knew what the problem was. Of course that never happened so I asked what exactly the problem was.
She wasn't sure exactly but read the parts list the tech had requested - a transmission bracket of some kind, a couple of seals (gaskets?) and a screen (filter?). I asked her to talk to the tech and get me the real diagnosis. The next day she called and said it was just a broken transmission bracket and the other parts would be needed when the tech has to tear down the transmission to get to the bracket and put it back together. She said it was a design flaw with the transmission bracket which I'm highly skeptical about because I haven't seen that come up on this forum or any of the F150 forums.
Anyway, the tech supposedly actually started the repair work yesterday and she says I should have it back this week. I don't know if that call from Ford Service caused them to suddenly jump onto my vehicle or it's just coincidence that they are finally getting to it now after 3 months.
I'm not optimistic the problem will actually be fixed but we'll see.

Grizguy

Reaction score
I did not get a day off for covid. My mother died.. from covid.. but was 97 Y O and in poor health. I also have 2 sons that are police officers and 2 daughter in laws that are in the health profession. nurse / nurse practioner. Back to the transmission issue. I went to purchase my 19 expedition. I purchased the red one. Got about 15 miles from the dealer.. We were about 300 miles from home. Stopped for lunch. Came out started the car. Transmission was acting REAL strange. surging stopping brakes jamming. We managed to get back to the dealer. stopped out front. The salesman was going to show us how to drive it.. We got back to the service mgr. He got in.. Said Hum.. It not supposed to do THAT! They gave us the white one :-(