Factory battery life

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nytimes770

Reaction score
Can people chime in. I’ve got a late 2019 model manufactured around September 2019. 21k miles on it. Usually drive for short distances.

How long did your original battery last?

Recently:
The touch sensors to lock and unlock on the handles other than the driver door isn’t working.

Today the infotainment screen didn’t light up after I parked it, turned off engine for 5 minutes, and turned it back on. The ac still came on but I couldn’t control it

The auto stop button is not lit but I noticed it never stops on its own.

Are these combined a sure sign I need to change the battery.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Depends on where you live but batteries on average last 3-5 years when subjected to heat, starting and charging. Like oil you need to figure out when to change your battery that works for you. New battery testers can determine the life of a battery. Batteries on the shelf will last a very long time if they are charged. I have a battery that is 6 years old a AGM sitting on the shelf and just put it in my van and is pretty much brand new.

I live in AZ so I always change 3-4 years. Not worth being stranded just to eek out a few more months of battery life.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The battery has already been replaced on our 21 which is short tripped quite often. Short trips + ASS (auto start stop) will kill these batteries. You did really good with it lasting as long as it did

OP
OP
N

Nytimes770

Reaction score
I almost always turn off the auto stop. Maybe that explains how it lasted over 3 1/2 tests. I do live in the south where it gets hot and humid.

And I almost never use navigation. CarPlay only on road trips. I recently installed a dashcam.

TX-EXPMAX

Reaction score
In my 2019, mine lasted 2 years. Auto Stop/Start quit working, so took it into the dealer and they determined the battery was bad. That seems to be the first sign it's going out. I just never noticed because like you, I turn mine off all the time. I forgot to one day and noticed it never would engage...so yours could have been going bad for some time and you didn't realize it.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2019 limited stealth , All the bells and whistles, literally.

Still have the original battery installed without any issues, yet. Purchased new in 3/2019. I also never use auto stop/start since I bought it used in 9/2022. Not sure if the original owner used the auto stop/start though.

Imma prolly think the battery will need replacing witin a year from now.

Zig10

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine went about 2.5 years before it started causing issues with the sensors. The one in my Ram lasted just over 3.

Lots of electronics that are "always on" just eats batteries up in these new vehicles.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Both my Fords disable features, if we do nothing but short trips. The first to go is Auto shutoff, then other features follow to save battery life. I'm not sure what the low reading is. But when we drive across town or longer trips, the features re-enable.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett