Flowmaster 50

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Remo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks to me there are a couple different '50 series' mufflers from Flowmaster:
50 HD, 50 Delta, 50 SUV, and 50 Big Block.
I put them in order of 'sound level' from highest to lowest for you.

Plus, there are the 50 series 4"x8" and 50 series 3"x10" and I'm not sure where those two fit in their product line.

I don't have any experience with this; this is just what I found on their website.

Maybe you should get the product number of what you have installed so you can see where you are at and what you should switch to.
Hope that helps some.

OP
OP

06EXP

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah thanks Remo. I just got off the phone with the shop that fabbed the exhaust for me. What I currently have is the 50 Delta Flow, and he said that the 50 Big Block is the quietest one Flowmaster makes, just like you found. He wants me to swing by the shop this afternoon and get it on the rack to see if we can fit a resonator either before or after muffler, if not, then we will be looking at putting the 50 Big Block on. Thanks for all the replies!

af mezkin

Reaction score
I Have the 70 series in my 03 Expy and it has very little in cab noise, in fact my wife has not once complained that is was too loud or annoying. If you want less noise I would go with the 70 series.
Good luck

OP
OP

06EXP

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Alright I got to take it by the shop this afternoon so he could see what we could do with the small amount of space that is between the y collector and the rear suspension. He is ordering a magnaflow 6" round flow through muffler to use as a resonator and weld it up in front of the flowmaster muffler, basically a mini glass pack. He said it should really cut the noise down in cab without disturbing the flow too much, and he is only charging me for the cost of the muffler. Should be in by Thursday so I will post back when it is installed with the results. Thanks again for all the replies!!

tritonman5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
gibson has a really nice exhaust,i own a gibson dual exhaust,it has a nice deep tone when ur gettin on it but at hw speeds/cruisin rather it almost sounds factory

OP
OP

06EXP

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Finally! The exhaust is DONE! Very happy with the results now. The Magnaflow 6" round straight through muffler came in yesterday and I got to the shop first thing this morning so they could weld it on. The interior noise is drastically reduced to almost back to stock levels. The outside levels didn't change very much and is even deeper than before. Sounds great! When you really get on it you know its there but you here more noise from the K&N intake than from the exhaust. So the final setup is Y pipe into 3" in/out Magnaflow 6" round body flow through muffler to, a 3" in/out Flowmaster 50 series delta flow, with 3" piping out the stock location.

rptr00

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any pics...

Curious, did you have them build a Y pipe? I can see the factory Y has one pipe almost completely crushed where the 2 come together.

OP
OP

06EXP

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any pics...

Curious, did you have them build a Y pipe? I can see the factory Y has one pipe almost completely crushed where the 2 come together.

I will try to get some pics this weekend.

They didn't build a y pipe per se, he showed me where the flange connection was and how it is constricted. So he cut the factory pips off in front of the connection and right as the two become one pipe and then started working from.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edyk1986