Ford, Are you Listening? 2018+ Change/Wish List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Artie - your family is setting off the intrusion alarm. When you turn the car off, your screen displays the choice of something like “All Alarms” or “Perimeter Alarms.” If you select just “Perimeter” it’ll disable the internal intrusion alarm and that won’t happen.
I just saw the option to have it ask me when I was looking through the settings this upon shutting off the car.....I’ll have it ask from now on. Thanks!!

Fordalways

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Artie - your family is setting off the intrusion alarm. When you turn the car off, your screen displays the choice of something like “All Alarms” or “Perimeter Alarms.” If you select just “Perimeter” it’ll disable the internal intrusion alarm and that won’t happen.
I was wondering what those options in the menu tree actually and the dealer didn't know. He had pointed out the eyeballs in the ceiling console and knew they were part of the security system, so your response makes sense if All Sensors Active include these motion detectors and Perimeter Sensing relies only on the door and hood switches.

Fordalways

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Change/Wishlist:

Offer extendable side mirrors similar to the F-Series to complement the Expedition as a tow vehicle.

Add additional lights at the bottom interior of all the side doors to illuminate the running boards when entering or exiting in the dark. The light on the bottom of the mirror is shaded by the front door.

Replace the 12v power point on the dash with a pair of USB ports. There never seems to be enough. There is already a 12v port in the center console, an additional one could be placed convenient for the 2nd row. While at it, do away with the chintzy doors covering that dash 12v port and the USB ports and 120v receptacle for the 2nd row seats. It won't take much for them to break off and then the remaining hinge stubs will look worse.

Offer splash guards for the front wheels to cover to somewhat shield the running board mechanism.

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My guess is splash guards don't work when you have auto running boards...similar to GM products.

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The last page of the brochure lists splash guards as an available accessory. My guess is they'll be available at some point in the not-too-distant future.

Scottorama

Full Access Members
Reaction score
EXACTLY! It's way way too early to compare Expy sales to sales of Tahoe/Suburban. Expy's are supply constrained. We'll see what happens by summer.

Navigators are also supply constrained:

NEW LINCOLN NAVIGATOR IS SELLING WAY BETTER THAN YOU’D EXPECT
http://www.motortrend.com/news/new-...630DCE371EA3B126522EAB2C8C7A9F0B06484EE1973AE

My favorite part of this article is this: "Navigator sales were up a whopping 97.5 percent year-over-year last month, jumping from 652 to 1,288."

Sales are up NINETY-SEVEN FREAKIN PERCENT! And this is with the supply constrained. Wow. The redesign of the Expy and Navi are definitely going to be a home run! Yes, it's one month, but OMG that's off to a great start.

See this:
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2018/02...nt-but-ford-turning-up-the-wick-at-its-plant/

It's not GM that's being impacted by the new Expy and Navi...Its the imports. From the article:

Despite the Navigator’s early success, internal data from Cadillac has shown the SUV isn’t swaying its buyers. Most of the Navigator’s conquest buyers have come from Mercedes-Benz and Land Rover thus far. Meanwhile, Escalade sales rose last month, as did the SUV’s transaction prices.

Read more: http://gmauthority.com/blog/2018/02...rning-up-the-wick-at-its-plant/#ixzz57HccLKEs

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Like I said in another thread, I do feel GM is getting worried though. I saw an ad locally that shows new 18 Escalades are on sale for about 2-3k more than a platinum expedition!

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ford stealing business from Land Rover and Mercedes-Benz.

There's something I never thought I'd read.

Can't say I'm surprised, either. European manufacturers don't understand the humongous SUV market quite like Ford/GM do.