Ford, Are you Listening? 2018+ Change/Wish List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Doesn't Ford offer an unlimited data plan for some obscenely cheap price?
I wasn’t aware of this but I am interested. I do know you can buy as you need if you wanna go that route.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe you have two data options through AT&T. You can either a) add the vehicle to your existing data plan for $10/mo and it shares your plan data with all your iPhones and iPads and whatnot or b) you can pay $20/mo and the truck will have unlimited data all on its own. Both are month to month so we just plan on doing option b) for months we take a trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twernst

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe you have two data options through AT&T. You can either a) add the vehicle to your existing data plan for $10/mo and it shares your plan data with all your iPhones and iPads and whatnot or b) you can pay $20/mo and the truck will have unlimited data all on its own. Both are month to month so we just plan on doing option b) for months we take a trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe you are right about the $20 option.

bkanic

Reaction score
I haven’t bought mine yet. I’m holding out for 2019 now...

I want the following Ford:
-Second Row Console
-Black or White Rim options
-Internet Access (while driving)
-Black out exterior (Mopar-esk)
-Improve Entertianment system
-exclusive grill package (like Denali)

You will get all of this with a 2019!

Sorry, can you clarify your statement? You seem to have direct knowledge,
maybe you can reconfirm and provide more Details?

OP
OP
gtnator

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I activated mine and have been using it, it works really well far as I can tell. I am curious about it getting signal when my phone can’t, I will be putting this to the test in April when I take it camping to a spot with known signal issues. My campsite sits in a low area where your phone will connect for a few seconds every several hours if it’s sitting still, seriously intermittent reception on phone but hopefully a static vehicle with a higher mounted (hopefully larger or stronger) antenna will fair a little better. Then I can connect, text my wife I’m alive and then turn that sucker off and get back to nature.

If it were me, I would just sleep in the back of the Navi, fold all the seats down, put a nice mattress back there...that would be so comfy.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If it were me, I would just sleep in the back of the Navi, fold all the seats down, put a nice mattress back there...that would be so comfy.
I don’t think a comfy mattress can compete with the perfect position seats in this thing.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I haven’t bought mine yet. I’m holding out for 2019 now...

I want the following Ford:
-Second Row Console
-Black or White Rim options
-Internet Access (while driving)
-Black out exterior (Mopar-esk)
-Improve Entertianment system
-exclusive grill package (like Denali)

You will get all of this with a 2019!

Sorry, can you clarify your statement? You seem to have direct knowledge,
maybe you can reconfirm and provide more Details?

i was joking!!!! the fact you are waiting 6 months to see if they add such specific requests is funny!!!! I would be willing to bet there will be no changes.

it already has 3 of the things you listed.

internet access- works as requested

exclusive grille- Platinum trim has that

entertainment system- to be honest i think it works swimmingly. the one thing that would have sealed the deal is a hardwired audio connection that shows as a persistent source. it would have eliminated several steps. that being said, connecting the bluetooth is not rocket science!!

white rims? please god no

black out exterior? seems like a very narrow market for this, does the fx4 black out anything?

center console- seems like a valid option. i would never get it, but i can see where it is desirable. this weekend we had a basketball tournament 3.5 hours away in Mt Airy NC. me, wife, 4 13 yr olds. incredible trip! drives so nice! tons of room! Sling TV was GREAT! i put my Yeti hopper 30 in between the 2nd row seats. after a couple of stops, the girls made me move the cooler to the back because it was a "pain in the butt" to move the seat up, etc to squeeze in and out. they said they MUCH prefer crawling through. not to mention the high mounted cup holders on the back of the front row console are money for the second row. so i personally would not get a console. now getting the bench is a different story. if you need the 8th seat, that is another story. at that point, you just have to use tip and slide to access the 3rd row

just my two cents