Ford, Are you Listening? 2018+ Change/Wish List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My recommendation is for a place to store a receiver hitch. Maybe on the drivers side wall compartment in the rear deck storage area. There’s a big opening there that could accommodate a standard receiver hitch. May a plastic stub to side the hitch over or into so it doesn’t rattle around. There seems to be enough room for even an oversized hitch.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
center console- seems like a valid option. i would never get it, but i can see where it is desirable. this weekend we had a basketball tournament 3.5 hours away in Mt Airy NC. me, wife, 4 13 yr olds. incredible trip! drives so nice! tons of room! Sling TV was GREAT! i put my Yeti hopper 30 in between the 2nd row seats. after a couple of stops, the girls made me move the cooler to the back because it was a "pain in the butt" to move the seat up, etc to squeeze in and out. they said they MUCH prefer crawling through. not to mention the high mounted cup holders on the back of the front row console are money for the second row. so i personally would not get a console. now getting the bench is a different story. if you need the 8th seat, that is another story. at that point, you just have to use tip and slide to access the 3rd row
Does anyone (4thG or 3rdG) know of any after-market options to put between the captains chairs? I'm not looking for anything permanent, just something for road trips to hold a toy bin and maybe some goldfish (until the kids distribute them around the cabin, of course). Yes, I could just put a cooler there or something, but I was looking for something more...console-ish. Maybe something like this? https://jet.com/product/detail/ba84...MIq83y8M_92QIViYjICh3NBAKyEAQYASABEgJkrvD_BwE

I know I am not the first person to ask this question and there may be a thread about it on another gen's forum that I'm just not finding.

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My other vehicle is a VW Golf R. Some of the features (which could easily be enabled with software on my Platinum Expedition) are:

- Auto Brake Hold. Love this feature. Come to a full stop at a red light, let your foot off the brake pedal, and the car remains steady so that you can relieve your foot.

- Passenger Mirror Dip on Reverse. Parallel parking makes this feature a must. Need it to keep curb rash off those beautiful 22" wheels.

- Memory Seat assigned to vehicle keys. Our last MDX had two keys like every other new vehicle. Each was labeled with "Driver 1" and "Driver 2". Your seat memory position would be tied to each key. This way, when my wife drives with her key, she doesn't have to constantly press 2 to get the seat and steering wheel to adjust to her saved position. Car recognizes the key as "Driver 2" and auto-loads memory seat positions.

Small things, but they make life easier. For an $80k vehicle, they should have been a no-brainer.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My other vehicle is a VW Golf R. Some of the features (which could easily be enabled with software on my Platinum Expedition) are:

- Auto Brake Hold. Love this feature. Come to a full stop at a red light, let your foot off the brake pedal, and the car remains steady so that you can relieve your foot.

- Passenger Mirror Dip on Reverse. Parallel parking makes this feature a must. Need it to keep curb rash off those beautiful 22" wheels.

- Memory Seat assigned to vehicle keys. Our last MDX had two keys like every other new vehicle. Each was labeled with "Driver 1" and "Driver 2". Your seat memory position would be tied to each key. This way, when my wife drives with her key, she doesn't have to constantly press 2 to get the seat and steering wheel to adjust to her saved position. Car recognizes the key as "Driver 2" and auto-loads memory seat positions.

Small things, but they make life easier. For an $80k vehicle, they should have been a no-brainer.

- Not sure how brake hold would coincide with the start/stop technology though.

- Ironically, I found the passenger mirror dip annoying on my BMW and they make it easy to turn this "feature" off. Expedition mirror surface area is so much larger than a BMW or Golf entire mirror housing, so tilt is redundant IMO. Somewhere between 360° backup cameras and rear bumper park assist sensors lies full driver attention.

- Memory, and going off of memory here, but I believe my 08 has my settings on my keyless FOB and hers on her FOB.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My '12 is supposed to do this, but it doesn't.
The 18s are supposed to do it. I haven’t ever tried it as I’m the only person that drives mine. You put the key in a little slot in the floor of the most forward cup holder and it syncs the seat setting with that fob. At least that’s the idea anyway. a1d35c709ce9c3eae07ea3ebaa7f3d6f.jpg

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When you use your FOB hit memory for 1 it syncs the FOB to memory one. Second driver does the same for memory 2. That hole is for when your FOB battery dies and you need to start the truck. It’s a dead FOB override based on an RFID chip or something similar. Basically it’s a dead FOB override.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When you use your FOB hit memory for 1 it syncs the FOB to memory one. Second driver does the same for memory 2. That hole is for when your FOB battery dies and you need to start the truck. It’s a dead FOB override based on an RFID chip or something similar. Basically it’s a dead FOB override.
You’re right! My dealer lied to me.

But! There IS a way to do it.

d0e91dbc086c2416f5d08fda5d9f44b7.jpg