front shocks compatible with F-150??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adventure Driven

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello all

We are building a full on Overland travel truck and using our 07 Expedition as the vehicle, do any of you know what year F-150 front shocks will work on our 07 Expo? We are working with ICON to develop a full system that is bolt on for the Expo's, they thought the front coil overs would be a F-150 swap, do any of you know the answer to this?

Thanks
Seth Jacobsen

RedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i bet this wold be cool to see... please post a pic if you can of the finished truck!!!! as far as the answer..looking at the part numbers from here...it looks as though they are the same units but i will admit that i have never shopped for them and others will certainly know more than I do.

SDExpedition

Reaction score
The F150 Bilstein 5100 load leveling strut is 1" longer shock body and shaft. I believe its do to the different design of the lower A arm. At least from what I've read and gathered. So a stock shock for the F150 should be the same 1" longer, compared to the Expedition at 1" shorter*. 2011 F150-Expedition

Last edited:
OP
OP
Adventure Driven

Adventure Driven

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The F150 Bilstein 5100 load leveling strut is 1" longer shock body and shaft. I believe its do to the different design of the lower A arm. At least from what I've read and gathered. So a stock shock for the F150 should be the same, compared to the Expedition at 1" longer. 2011 F150-Expedition

Cool, thanks for the info

Seth

SDExpedition

Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the info

Seth

No problem. Just got my struts and tires installed. Highly recommend the Bilstein 5100 setup. It's an economical option. I was looking it Coil overs but pricey.

Also, if you are doing a kit fro the 3rd Gen, look for the thread about it. Rize gave up on the 3rd gen lift because they kept breaking half-shafts. Anything over 2.5" is sketchy.

The f150 gen 3 shock will fit with but is 1" longer. There may be some issues that occur due to this, but I have not had an issue yet.

Last edited: