Gas mileage ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Mine is at a constant 9 mpg primarily due to 3 major factors

1. Lots of idle time, I'm running a dual battery set up & a 200amp alternator to power up a 10,000 watt inverter that i use to power up my work related equipment.

2. 90% city driving, with 75% of that in O/D off.

3. I'm an aggressive driver, I'm heavy with my right foot.

And to Jexpedition07, now you get an idea why im averaging 9mpg, a v10 excursion would net me 5-6 mpg

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well these were certainly safe pictures to take<LMAO>!!

just bustin your balls powerbtr!!

lol and Habbibie doesn't dick around...he's got the petal to the metal and is haulin-ass!

jeff

yep it was dangerous, had the little woman lean over and snap a picture, then she videoed me laughing at her
the song on the radio was sort of a weird omen

mpg5.jpg

mpg4.jpg

46L281GT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine is at a constant 9 mpg primarily due to 3 major factors

1. Lots of idle time, I'm running a dual battery set up & a 200amp alternator to power up a 10,000 watt inverter that i use to power up my work related equipment.

2. 90% city driving, with 75% of that in O/D off.

3. I'm an aggressive driver, I'm heavy with my right foot.

And to Jexpedition07, now you get an idea why im averaging 9mpg, a v10 excursion would net me 5-6 mpg

Just curious, where did you put the second battery? Do you have pics of the setup?

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Just curious, where did you put the second battery? Do you have pics of the setup?

It's in a custom made aluminum container mounted inside the spare wheel, the tension of the spare tire hoist holds it inside the wheel with pressure and it's been perfectly fine for a year. Next time I lower the spare tire I'll post pics never crossed my mind if anyone here was interested in it

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's in a custom made aluminum container mounted inside the spare wheel, the tension of the spare tire hoist holds it inside the wheel with pressure and it's been perfectly fine for a year. Next time I lower the spare tire I'll post pics never crossed my mind if anyone here was interested in it
what the heck are you running that you need 10k watt inverter???? two roof top radars and airconditioners :893Chainsaw-Smilie-:Big Laugh:

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
what the heck are you running that you need 10k watt inverter???? two roof top radars and airconditioners :893Chainsaw-Smilie-:Big Laugh:
***** I wish, a lot of hydrolic and electric tools at the same time. It's stable at 7800 watts, I burned through 7500 inverters like crazy...

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
I'm getting slightly better fuel use in the '17 than in the '07. Not sure what gets the credit and the '07 had 3.73 axles compared to 3.31 on the '17 a 12% difference.

All 3d generation Expeditions have 6-speed transmissions. I believe the '08 and later are different from the '07 but all are 6-speed.

-- Chuck

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea it's really the same the 07 and 08 had O/D off mode and in 09 and on they put in Tow/Haul mode button instead which Allows it to hold out in a gear longer. The O/D off ones on 07 and 08 disabled overdrive for towing. Same transmission still (6R75&80) just slight programming differences.

Last edited: