Got my build date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kilikkun

Reaction score
Delivery was delayed a week, but the dealer got my Navigator in today. However, they are now telling me that it may be a couple days before I can pick it up because Lincoln sends someone out to do the inspections? The torture...

Navigator.jpg

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Delivery was delayed a week, but the dealer got my Navigator in today. However, they are now telling me that it may be a couple days before I can pick it up because Lincoln sends someone out to do the inspections? The torture...

View attachment 22554
Your truck looks great! But that other part sounds like BS to me. :)

OP
OP
Artie

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score

View attachment 22554
Is that the magnetic gray? We were torn on that or Ingot silver but with with Silver. Yours looks so good, I’m seriously green with envy. I’ve read on another forum that the inspection process at the dealer is somewhat laborious and can take a couple hours. Not sure about days and if done by a special Lincoln guy or not so maybe bs, idk... or they have a few customers who want a test drive and yours is their only available vehicle.

kilikkun

Reaction score
Yea it's the Magnetic Gray. At first my sales rep said they were doing some safety inspections and that it needed to be programmed, so it didn't sound like it would be more than a few hours. But then responded back saying the GM said someone from Lincoln actually had to come out to do the inspections so I don't know. With the delivery being delayed a week, I thought maybe they had gotten it earlier and were using it for test drives lol.

The inside was still all covered in plastic so I haven't seen the interior yet. I can see white covering on what should be black seats through the windshield. I hope this doesn't last more than 1-2 days. The wait is killing me. After waiting 5 months from putting in the order, these last few days have felt the longest.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hahaha it’s like a kid who saw those wrapped presents under the tree but can’t open it until mom came downstairs.

OP
OP
Artie

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yea it's the Magnetic Gray. At first my sales rep said they were doing some safety inspections and that it needed to be programmed, so it didn't sound like it would be more than a few hours. But then responded back saying the GM said someone from Lincoln actually had to come out to do the inspections so I don't know. With the delivery being delayed a week, I thought maybe they had gotten it earlier and were using it for test drives lol.

The inside was still all covered in plastic so I haven't seen the interior yet. I can see white covering on what should be black seats through the windshield. I hope this doesn't last more than 1-2 days. The wait is killing me. After waiting 5 months from putting in the order, these last few days have felt the longest.
I completely understand. Ordered in August, hoped for delivery before Christmas.... reality =build not starting until 1 week if January. Hearing that news hurt a little lol.

How long from when your build actually began to it being delivered?

kilikkun

Reaction score
I completely understand. Ordered in August, hoped for delivery before Christmas.... reality =build not starting until 1 week if January. Hearing that news hurt a little lol.

How long from when your build actually began to it being delivered?
I never received that information. The only update I had before I found out it was in transit was on October 10th when my sales rep told me that my order "was already approved for production according to their schedule".

I have an appointment with them for Friday at noon to pick up the car.

OP
OP
Artie

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I never received that information. The only update I had before I found out it was in transit was on October 10th when my sales rep told me that my order "was already approved for production according to their schedule".

I have an appointment with them for Friday at noon to pick up the car.
I see. Well, Friday will be here soon. Looking forward to your review.

rumline

Full Access Members
Reaction score

View attachment 22554
Every time I'm about to convince myself that an Expedition is just fine and I don't need to drop the extra coin on a Navigator, I remember this photo and think "****."

Seriously a gorgeous vehicle, and I think that's my favorite of the available colors. Looking forward to your review, and more pics. :-D

OP
OP
Artie

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Every time I'm about to convince myself that an Expedition is just fine and I don't need to drop the extra coin on a Navigator, I remember this photo and think "****."

Seriously a gorgeous vehicle, and I think that's my favorite of the available colors. Looking forward to your review, and more pics. :-D
Deciding on color based on the build and price pictures or limited images available at the time we ordered was such a tough decision. I’m looking forward to seeing the Navigators in person but feel pretty sure we will be happy with the Ingot Silver. The Magnetic Gray with the other wheel choice looked good on the build and price but in the above pic I like the turbine wheels way better. I’m interested to see the blue diamond in person but not sure if that would be a long term color for me or not.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65