Greetings from the Plains

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jakenks

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Jake, from Wichita, KS. Long time gear head and auto enthusiast. Picking up my first Expedition Saturday. It is a high optioned 1999 XLT with a reasonable amount of miles on it in excellent condition. I look forward to learning about the care and feeding of this big puppy on here. 00S0S_6U2FmfpCIm8_1200x900.jpg

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I work out on that end of town..

I started out working for Cessna at Mid-Continent in 2001. Then I transferred over to Boeing and was there during the whole Spirit transition. I also managed 7 months at Airbus downtown.

Not quite 6 years in total.

Snag

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice looking Expedition. Feed it fresh oil changes and often 3000 miles and use a high quality oil filter like the factory Motorcraft. Check spark plugs to make sure they are torqued correctly.
These first generation units seem to have less engine problems then those produced during the 3v series.
good luck
Gary

OP
OP
J

jakenks

Reaction score
Nice looking Expedition. Feed it fresh oil changes and often 3000 miles and use a high quality oil filter like the factory Motorcraft. Check spark plugs to make sure they are torqued correctly.
These first generation units seem to have less engine problems then those produced during the 3v series.
good luck
Gary

Thanks, I plan on keeping this for a long while. Good care & feeding is high on the menu.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It is a high optioned 1999 XLT View attachment 18796

Welcome. Looks more like an Eddie Bauer than an XLT. Or, as you'll often see here: Eddy Bower.
Something going on with the pinstripe not matching between the fender & door, so if you haven't driven already, make sure you take note of the alignment, etc.

Been to Wichita a few times myself as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jefes_Shyt