Help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hayes Riviere

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Completely unrelated to the issue, but what year is your Expedition? I noticed yours has a speedometer that goes up to 200, which I thought was kind of weird. My 2013 goes up to 120, but I'm pretty sure the top speed is in the 110-120 range.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Completely unrelated to the issue, but what year is your Expedition? I noticed yours has a speedometer that goes up to 200, which I thought was kind of weird. My 2013 goes up to 120, but I'm pretty sure the top speed is in the 110-120 range.
He's from Canada, the scale is in KPH, MPH is the secondary scale.

OP
OP
T

TJ Toronto

Reaction score
It's a 2009. And it is in km/h. However, in Ontario, there are governors on them. You can't go over 160 (100 mph) kph otherwise the engine cuts out. Not sure if that's something you guys have as well.

Barjrob1972

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My best guess is that something is making your truck think it's in a 'lost traction' situation and killing power. You need to pull codes first, as Andy said. After that, check for mismatched tires, a locked brake(s) or something in the steering wheel. Even a bad alignment can cause this if your clockspring is out of alignment tolerance.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire