Help! Replaced heater core!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Solefly87

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey guys. I just finished replacing the dreadful heater core. Everything went smooth, up until I got everything together and started the car. Everything works except for my turn signals, headlights turn on normally, hazards work too! But not the turn signal. There is no light indicating the turn signal is on either. Every other light works. Now the other thing that stopped working is the blower!! The a/c won't blow hot or cold. From the front or back. No matter what setting its on. I hear the vacuum lines when I turn the knob. I can see and hear the blend door opening and closing. But nothing. No type of air pressure coming from the front or back. What could I have missed?!?! Everything seems to be connected back in place. Any suggestions? Please help.
Ford Expedition 2000 4.6L 2wd
Thanks!

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Go back over the connectors around the steering column and the cluster. Also check the grounds in the kick panels if you disconnected them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Solefly87

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Go back over the connectors around the steering column and the cluster. Also check the grounds in the kick panels if you disconnected them.

Thanks stamp for the quick reply. I have gone over them twice and I did not disconnect any ground wires.

detailer03

Reaction score
Double check fuses and relays.
If you did not disconnect your battery when you did the job, good chance you blew a fuse or relay.

OP
OP
S

Solefly87

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Double check fuses and relays.
If you did not disconnect your battery when you did the job, good chance you blew a fuse or relay.

Thanks detailer. I did disconnect the battery. The only thing that wasn't tightened all the way was one of the back bolts on the fuse box. Which caused my car not to start at all. Nothing popped up on the dash at all. But after I tightened that one bolt down. Everything worked. Except the blower and flashers. Please any advice or suggestions will be tested immediately!
Thanks guys.

OP
OP
S

Solefly87

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Which fuses should I check btw? And in which fuse box? The one inside or outside the car? Thanks again

OP
OP
S

Solefly87

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Update

Blower motor bows works fine. But the turn signals still don't work. Only hazards work. I've tilted the steering column up and down to see if that would help (advice from another thread) it didn't help. Is the turn signal and hazard signal powered by the flasher relay that's connected next to the blower relay by any chance??
And is there a possibility that the flasher relay(next to the blower relay) popped but still semi works for hazards??

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here are the diagrams...

Attachments

• 090-turn-stop-hazard 1.pdf
    59.4 KB · Views: 56
  • 090-turn-stop-hazard 2.pdf
    52.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 090-turn-stop-hazard 3.pdf
    49.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 090-turn-stop-hazard 4.pdf