HID conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
X

xb58

Reaction score
Last edited:

4x4Dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by xb58
emailed seller of #5 and he said "yes takes stock" but i dunno, most of these guys are in china sellin this stuff and might not even know what im asking... id like to find the manufactor website and check it out

Well if you get an email from him stating that its a 9006 bulb, you can always return it to him and get refunded. Paypal and ebay have a pretty good buyer protection policy.

OP
OP
X

xb58

Reaction score
recieved projectors today and as expected, uses the wrong bulbs...

looks like ill be trying out the retrofit

4x4Dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ya once you have the ballast, i'm pretty sure you can swap it out for the right bulb size. Good luck with the retro fit though if you decide to go that route! It's worth it!

OP
OP
X

xb58

Reaction score
bulbs and converter cost about the same as a new kit, so ill prolly just buy a new kit and sell the one i have

4x4Dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Last time i was looking on ebay...you could pick up a paid of replacement bulbs for about 25 bucks....sounds a lot cheaper than paying for a whole new set and having to mount the ballast again. that was the biggest pain in the ass lol. what bulb size do your new headlights take? h3's?

OP
OP
X

xb58

Reaction score
Originally posted by 4x4Dude
Last time i was looking on ebay...you could pick up a paid of replacement bulbs for about 25 bucks....sounds a lot cheaper than paying for a whole new set and having to mount the ballast again. that was the biggest pain in the ass lol. what bulb size do your new headlights take? h3's?

yeah h3, the oem projectors when i do the retro (if) will take d2s..
i think im going to swap from 6000k to 4300k also

AvroAero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by xb58
bulbs and converter cost about the same as a new kit, so ill prolly just buy a new kit and sell the one i have

You don't need a new ballast. Just a bulb. You can use your old ballasts.