horn and cruse dont work please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check voltage at pin 5 and ground with speed control connector plugged in, ignition on. You should have some voltage there, I would expect 12v but it may be less.

Since the horn sounded that tells us your problem is on the switched side of the relay.

Last edited:

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The next test will determine if the problem is with the airbag sliding contact or horn switch. The airbag sliding contact connector is labeled C234. The drawing shows it is either on top of the steering column or on the right side. You'll need a jumper wire or test light and the horn relay in place.

Using the jumper or test light, ground the dark blue wire. This will complete the switch side of the circuit for the horn. If the horn sounds then you have power up to the connector for the sliding contact and can proceed with the following.

Next move the jumper to the connector C292, at the base of the steering column, and ground the same dark blue wire. This will test after the sliding contact but before the horn switch

Still at the connector for the steering column, move the jumper and ground the dark green/orange wire and push the horn button. This will test the first sliding contact and horn switch.

Moving back to the connector for the sliding contacts, ground the dark green/orange wire and again push the horn button. This will test the first sliding contact, horn switch and 2nd sliding contact.

Need to know if the horn sounds in all tests, or where it doesn't.

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

expo dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
at pin5 with the plug plugged in and key on there is voltage of 8.5 on the cruise control servo

when grounding the dark blue wire and grounding it i got sound from the horn

after the plug going further up the colum towards the steering wheel i got the horn to sound by grounding the dark blue wire

when grounding the dark green oarnge wire and pressing the horn button i didnt get sound

OP
OP
E

expo dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
could it be possible that there is a ground in the dash that could be missing or a steering column ground that may be missing

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The test indicates your problem is after the first sliding contact specifically the horn switch or wiring to them. The next thing to check is for power at the horn switch and the horn switch for continuity.

You have the right idea about a "missing" ground. It hasn't gone anywhere, it just isn't completing the circuit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

expo dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ok ill look at that later this evening for power at the switch and i believe i can test continuity with my ohm meter