horn and cruse dont work please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
E

expo dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i checked for voltage at the connector that leads to the horn and there is 12.5 volts at the blue wire there is 2 blue wires that are at the same wire connecotr on the harness that plugs up the horn and there is 2 green oarnge wires on the other connecting wire that has no voltage.there is only one plug that goes to the horn with only 2 total connector wires but a total of 4 wires. the blues are combined and the oarnge green are combined

OP
OP
E

expo dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ok i did your tests again on the horn button when i ground the green oarnge wire and push the horn button i get it to sound

OP
OP
E

expo dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
also at the steering wheel grounded out the blue wire right at the connector after the clock spring and got sound grounding the same blue wire right behind the air bag and horn switch but not with the switch just checking to see if i got sound by grounding out the same blue wire after the sliding clock spring

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm going to assume that the two blue wires are on one side of the horn switch with the green/orange connecting to the other side of the switch. Since the horn sounded when you grounded the green/orange wire and pressed the horn button, your problem lies in that wire.

Where did you ground it in relation to the steering column? By the steering wheel or towards the floorboard?

OP
OP
E

expo dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i grounded the blue wire to the steering wheel metal its self and got sound then to a ground point on the kick panel with the blue wire that connects to the harness before going to all the switches

OP
OP
E

expo dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
what if i ground that green oarnge wire to the kick panel grounding area would that take care of my trouble i know it sounds the horn but to trace that wire down i would have to take the dash out and it seems to be alot of work to go through at the moment in time

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It depends on where you originally grounded the green/orange wire. The circuit runs through the sliding contacts twice, once coming in and once going back out. If your problem is the sliding contacts it is better to replace them.
The way to tell if it is the problem is to ground the green/orange wire at the base of the steering column and press the horn button. If the horn sounds the contacts are fine, if it doesn't then you need to see what is going on with them. It could be a broken wire, worn contacts etc.