Hot AC air

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B

bedrck46

his original post was at 9:53 am
he was back on from 12:35 to 1:35pm
and again from 3:26pm until at least 4pm

OP
OP
A

anthony57

Reaction score
Feel free to walk bedrck46. I'm a single dad working 2 full time jobs and raising three kids and coaching football. Don't need your smarts ass help so you can bounce!!!!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

anthony57

Reaction score
We don't know what shift he works so it is better to give him at least 24 hrs. to respond. Plus he needs time to get the reading in order to continue. Also Florida is F'n hot during the summer, he will be back....

Ill be able to work on the AC this coming friday and have the readings for you. Thanks for your help and patience.

B

bedrck46

at you request I am walking good luck with your attitude hope you don't treat the kids like that but I did notice that you spent a lot of time in the audio and add on category's so you could have at lest check for replies before you logged of

Last edited by a moderator:

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Going to add one more pressure reading to the test. It is referred to as static pressure which is the pressure in the system after both the high and low sides have equalized. This occurs once the system has been shut off and takes a while for it to occur. It indicates the ballpark charge level within the system.

Take the reading before the system is turned on so it will be the first one you take. After you have the reading the system can be turned on for the high and/or low side readings.

After the system has been running for a few minutes, grab the low side line and see how cold it is & whether it is sweating. Also look for any lines that are icing up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

anthony57

Reaction score
Yesterday at around 5pm the temp outside was 90. I attached a can of EZ chill to the low end port. Turned ac on full and got a reading of 25psi. Started slowly filling the low end port but never got up past 35 psi. Ran out of freon in the can (had used it before on other car). Getting cold air from front vents but all rear vents are still blowing hot air. Should I continue to add more freon?

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It is your call. If you have a leak, it will all leak out. For the cost of the little cans it won't take many to equal the cost of a 30lb tank. From memory the low side should be around 35-37 at that temp. What is the investment cost so far on the cans and how many oz have you added?

If you're going to invest in the basic starter tool set for a/c then the 30lb tank is the way to go.

An example basic set is: Bottom-line pricing on FJC KIT6 at ToolTopia.com

30lb tank: Dupont Suva 134a 30lbs Can Refrigerant Freon R 134a Factory SEALED | eBay

item# 251280111558

(no affiliation with any of the above companies - good price on the 134 though being DuPont)

Last edited:

dgouch

Reaction score
Hot A/C Air

Just had my 2011 Expy in shop for hot air on passenger side with cold air on driver's side/rear. They replaced an actuator in the dash and corrected it. Have to take it back though - it now makes a loud whistling noise when fan's on high.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire