How important is the "big three"?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Boy have times changed. The big three used to be "ass, gas or grass - nobody rides for free".

Yea, I'll admit it - I'm old.....

OP
OP
03expyMG

03expyMG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I appreciate you guys help. I feel well informed on the subject now. Thanks for taking the time to help

audio-pro714

Reaction score
big 3

If you've ever seen the small gauge size of charging and ground wire on an 02' exp., definetly upgrade them . The big three are the pos. charging wire from battery to alt., ground wire from battery to body and ground from battery to engine block. ( do not remove factory positive it has 2 fusable links that Ford won't or can't tell you their exact values which protect sensitive elec. down stream, add the 0 or 1/0 wire to the positive on the battery, protected with a fuse within 18", then to the alternator additionally to the factory connection.

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Audio-pro, atleast in the 97 Expy's, the fuseable links are 175 amp units. Granted, if you are blowing those, any electronics down stream of them are toast as they have had way too much power pushed through them.