Jittery ride w/ CCD?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhiggins

Reaction score
I'm in normal mode right now and it is definitely noticeable. Sport - if it got worse, I'd never use.

Since you don't notice it on your Platinum, I'm thinking there must be something wrong with my vehicle.

OP
OP
rumline

rumline

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine is a Platinum. Have an appointment with a tire shop today, keeping fingers crossed its just a wheel or tire problem. If those check out, getting this fixed is going to suck.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think i know what your talking about. Ive experienced this feeling on almost all expys ive driven from 15 up and including my current one. Idk if its the tires or the frame, its less a jitter or specific ride motion, but more the body constantly shakes or shudders on its frame mounts. Am i correct with this assessment? Mines does this too, some days more than others. Also, its way less noticeable as a passenger than a driver. I asked about this before, and the salesman told me it would get better once the tires were worn down. Funny, the 18 nav i tested didnt have this, but all 18 expys ive driven did. Im sure its not the suspensions chsracteristics but nore the components and how the truckwas built itself.

OP
OP
rumline

rumline

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That could be it. Although since my original post I've noticed that it does seem to vary with speed, as in it occurs more reliably when at highway speeds. When at low speeds like in a residential area it seldom does it.

If you are right in your assessment that it's the way the body rides on the frame, am I correct in assuming there is nothing that could be done about it?

dhiggins

Reaction score
Hmm... i can't really tell to be honest. I've only put about 100 miles on it so far. I can feel the "shudder" through the gas pedal mostly. I haven't had a passenger in the car with me since I bought the car on Sunday and only have gone back and forth to work since. So, I have no idea if anyone else in the car can feel it.

Please let me know what you find out at the tire shop. My car sat in the showroom until I bought it. Hopefully it will get better with time???

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine is a Platinum. Have an appointment with a tire shop today, keeping fingers crossed its just a wheel or tire problem. If those check out, getting this fixed is going to suck.

Was the problem present when you test drove the vehicle before purchase?

Why are you going to a tire shop and not returning the vehicle for repair under the new-vehicle warranty?

Blackscreen67

Born to spool
Reaction score
Hmm... i can't really tell to be honest. I've only put about 100 miles on it so far. I can feel the "shudder" through the gas pedal mostly. I haven't had a passenger in the car with me since I bought the car on Sunday and only have gone back and forth to work since. So, I have no idea if anyone else in the car can feel it.

Please let me know what you find out at the tire shop. My car sat in the showroom until I bought it. Hopefully it will get better with time???

Feeling like your going over speed bumps through the pedal?

Blackscreen67

Born to spool
Reaction score
"Feeling like your going over speed bumps through the pedal?"

Real small ones, yes.

Don't hassle with wheel and tire yet.

The feeling your describing is likely a transmission shudder. This often feels exactly as you describe and is commonly felt in the low rpm range. I do hope I'm wrong though.

I highly recommend you take to dealer and have them monitor the transmission data while you take them on a test drive and it' you behind the wheel to identify when your feeling it.

How consistent and when do you notice it? Fro. A dead stop, while cruising, all the above?