Just dont know how much more!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

verna2197

Reaction score
Brand new 2017 Ford XLT Expedition. Was so excited to get this baby, really wish I could put her back. Only had a few miles on her but from day 1 nothing but trouble and no help. Its mostly all electrical of course. 1st the whole system will go black, the dash, stereo system everything. phone will not work half the time, radio will not turn off, and the woman I talk to thru the radio probably thinks I am crazy. Now on top of that the rear window wiper is loosing windshield wiper fluid inside my truck.
Tried calling and talking to ford about this, they can never get that stupid little code, and the things is the last it messed up the tech guy seen it all but without that code might as well forget it.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Brand new 2017 Ford XLT Expedition. Was so excited to get this baby, really wish I could put her back. Only had a few miles on her but from day 1 nothing but trouble and no help. Its mostly all electrical of course. 1st the whole system will go black, the dash, stereo system everything. phone will not work half the time, radio will not turn off, and the woman I talk to thru the radio probably thinks I am crazy. Now on top of that the rear window wiper is loosing windshield wiper fluid inside my truck.
Tried calling and talking to ford about this, they can never get that stupid little code, and the things is the last it messed up the tech guy seen it all but without that code might as well forget it.

I ordered and bought a new 2015 Ford Expedition Limited 4x4.

From the beginning - I have repeatedly had electronic issues (never wrecked or damaged, other than a windshield last year).

The vehicle was delivered with 2 miles on it, and it had numerous visible assembly line defects. Terrible quality control by Ford and the KY truck plant.

Intermittently and randomly, I get “trailer wiring fault” and “no key detected” warnings (one or both) after entering and starting the vehicle. I have never towed or hooked up a trailer.

Multiple trips to the selling Ford dealer - but I was always told “no codes found”. I took pictures of the fault message displays, but that meant nothing to the dealer.

I have had numerous other defects, not electrical, and now at 90,*** miles - the messages continue.

Based upon this vehicle ownership experience, I will never buy another Ford. The dealer service experiences have been terrible, and I am convinced Ford has no concern for their customers.

Good luck.

Goofy173

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My brother worked at the Louisville assembly plant for 20 years in engineering until recently. He said he would never own anything made there. I didn't listen and I'm paying for it now.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Guess there are always some people who get a bad deal. I've driven dozens of KY trucks and owned several and none ever gave me any electrical problems at all. I've had some design flaws that got me angry, but the trucks were always assembled well.

71Rcode

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about trouble you guys are having.

Is it perhaps in part that some vehicles are just too complicated / overdesigned today? Our newest vehicle is a 2013 model and we have had incredible luck with them. Ford Honda and Lexus. My 2011 Expedition has 105k on it. Just flawless.

EastCobbDad

Reaction score
So far so good at 35,000 miles for my 2017 Limited purchased in June of 2021.

bloodhound

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had my 2009 from new til 110,000 miles, it's still on the road today at 160,000 with the second owner. No unusual non-regular maintenance issues. My 2014 is at 70k, zero issues. Just lucky I guess.

2020-MAX-Limited

Full Access Members
Reaction score

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
While it certainly could be a Ford problem, it sounds like your lift installer may have cut a few corners. The previous owner of my truck had a professional shop install an air horn and I shake my head every time I come across a piece of that job. For example, instead of using a fuse tap they just jammed the wiring into an existing fuse slot. Then they cut a hole in the fuse box cover to route it. The wire was then run sans split loom under the truck. And so on. I essentially had to redo 75% of the job they did.