leather steering wheel repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Brian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice my boat wheel is stainless steel lol how is it holding up?my wheel is camel the paint I have is gray I may try it if it holds up then I would order the camel color

OP
OP
G

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
According to the vin checker, my wheel is Camel also, so will try ordering a can of paint and give it a go..

Many thanks Gary

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Colorbond LVP (leather, vinyl, plastic) is all you need. One aerosol can. Your steering wheel will look as good as new, and you won't need to remove the battery or the airbag.
This is what u need to use and I have used it... put it on my custom doors... I'll take pics and post this weekend... the only company to match interior 100% guaranteed... make sure you buy there surface cleaner and adhesive promoter... then spray on... they also have a sponge applicator as well... they have spray for carpet too so if ur carpet has spots this will help u make it look new...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On my doors... matches interior exactly9116d7cbdc0865823282bbe38ea78413.jpgf12dd54e1ef89ab474594a948bc2a469.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
G

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
sorry I am a bit slow responding, I haven't got around to doing this yet, I did find the color I needed and ordered a can of the paint, but haven't actually sprayed it on yet!! You cant rush these things!! :33:

Gary

marlinpruett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just re covered mine and I used Wheel Skins. There are videos on You Tube showing how to install. Not difficult ,talks about an hour. I bought a European style with colors that matched mine fairly close.
http://wheelskins.com/