LED Tail and Brake and Amber Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tocapet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't know about you, but my '09 Expy has plenty of metal areas to mount the resistors. But I have given up on LEDs for now. Disconnected the resistors and put the incandescent bulbs back in.

USMCBuckWild

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I mounted LED bulbs in the wife's Exploder, forced to use ballast resistors. There was no metal to mount to, so I used some heat tape (actually ducting tape which is aluminum foil with adhesive on the back) and had no issue. The LED bulbs crapped out after a year so I went back to incandescent.

If you are that worried about heat, fold some aluminum foil so shiny side is towards the resistor and add a washer beateen foil and resistor. This will reflect heat and provide a little airflow underneath to reduce contact heat soak.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure about 3rd gens if they have the flasher relay...2nd gens do so no need for resistors to fix hyper flash... just get the led flasher relay and it stops it... eliminates wiring and splicing

Mr. 10K

Tocapet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
IN the 3rd gens, the flashing is done by the SJB. No way to change the flash. It's connected to a little speaker on the back of the instrument panel that takes care of the tic tic tic sound. I put some gorilla tape over mine so it wouldn't be so LOUD.