Lift idea....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was looking around and saw that in some of the Excursions guys were swapping out springs to get an extra 2-3" of lift. My question is for the new model Expi's, is this an option?

I mean can you get stiffer/longer springs to give us that extra lift which would be great combined with the 3/2 lift:D or can you add a leaf like the F150 guys do to the rear

Last edited:

rptr00

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think there are ways to do this but at some point the driveline and steering shaft would be affected. I still want to try the rancho quicklift setup and stack my truxxx kit on top of that or get an F-150 body lift and make that work. I suppose you could have a spring shop custom make the springs but I think a longer shock might be necessary. I do believe the parts are out there but it would take a bit of work to find and fit them. I know a lot of the F-150 stuff would probably bolt on. If I had the money, I would take mine to a custom shop and see what they could fabricate. Who knows it might not be as expensive as I think.

OP
OP
SOLISIMO

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think there are ways to do this but at some point the driveline and steering shaft would be affected. I still want to try the rancho quicklift setup and stack my truxxx kit on top of that or get an F-150 body lift and make that work. I suppose you could have a spring shop custom make the springs but I think a longer shock might be necessary. I do believe the parts are out there but it would take a bit of work to find and fit them. I know a lot of the F-150 stuff would probably bolt on. If I had the money, I would take mine to a custom shop and see what they could fabricate. Who knows it might not be as expensive as I think.

Look into the Bilsteins, they have great reviews and seem to be more consistent with the amount of lift produced.

rptr00

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah I was researching the bilsteins but never found the adjustable ones that I have been hearing about.

GXPY

Reaction score
I would like to lift my 09 a couple of inches but most everyone I have contacted regarding this panics because of the load leveling system. I can't see the big deal in disabling the system. I was leaning toward the Strutmasters setup but they cannot confirm if their kit will work in an '09 and I haven't heard back from them with an "official" answer yet.

OP
OP
SOLISIMO

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok did some research. That expi has the leveling kit along with a body lift. Its a 2004.

You can reach the makers of the body lift at 928 636 7080 the only problem for me is that they havnt touch the 07+ years and probally wont but you should be ok. However he did say there is always a way to make it fit on my year so you never know.

rptr00

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok did some research. That expi has the leveling kit along with a body lift. Its a 2004.

You can reach the makers of the body lift at 928 636 7080 the only problem for me is that they havnt touch the 07+ years and probally wont but you should be ok. However he did say there is always a way to make it fit on my year so you never know.

Yeah I got the pic from their site, just didnt have time to call. Thanks for the info. I definitely want that body lift!

rptr00

Full Access Members
Reaction score
any luck on those leveling bilstein's? That was the route I WAS going...but I guess that all depends on the cost of the body lift.