locked out- 2001 Expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Starting in 2000, Ford stopped putting the default lock code on the PATS module. The crooks were noting this number and coming back later to steal the stuff out of your truck. so, if you need the number, unfortunately, that is going to be a trip to the dealership and hopefully the service people will be easy on you and just look up the number for you for free.

As for ways to break into the truck, there are 2 easy ways to break in. E-mail me offline as I don't want to be putting this information out for all the world to see. I think the reason is pretty obvious.

K9JRF

Reaction score
Starting in 2000, Ford stopped putting the default lock code on the PATS module. The crooks were noting this number and coming back later to steal the stuff out of your truck..

I have a 2002 and wife has 2004 and thats where i got the code for both from the sticker on the module as we bought both trucks used.

Guess good to know for any future purchases..

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk