Looking for some HOT POWER!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spud

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I m needing a 12v power source that comes on with the key inside the back of my Expedition, anyone know of an easy one to get to back there?? I have a dash cam I want to install facing out the back, got one that faces forward as well to install but forward power is easy.

Thanks for any help

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
would be nice to know the year model etc. of your expy
kindly update your signature with the above information

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if you have a 7-pin trailer connector you could get the 12V from the battery charge circuit, which is hot when the key is in the run position

OP
OP
spud

spud

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if you have a 7-pin trailer connector you could get the 12V from the battery charge circuit, which is hot when the key is in the run position

I should have said this is one that is made for inside the vehicle, essentially a dashcam not a back up camera. I just want it for recording what is behind me, never know maybe some beautiful lady is trying to give me her # hahahahaha

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That changes things a little. Mounting now becomes an issue, need to know where you will mount it, then you source power.

What amp draw will the camera require, are you going to add load to the circuit at a later date?

FYI: the blue text in your sig is hard to read - no contrast in relation to the background. A lighter blue, teal for instance would be easier on the eyes.

Last edited:

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I should have said this is one that is made for inside the vehicle, essentially a dashcam not a back up camera. I just want it for recording what is behind me, never know maybe some beautiful lady is trying to give me her # hahahahaha

you are a dreamer

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There is a thread on here about a camera addition to the rear hatch. You may want to check that out before getting into yours. The OP also included pics which like that saying goes " a pic is worth a 1000 words" really holds true.