Mach system lost it's 'punch'

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

00EddieExpy

Reaction score
I have had my 2000 EB with Mach audio system for almost 3 mos and have been very impressed with the Mach stereo system, it could play louder but is crystal clear and always filled the truck with sound. Monday I get in and drive down the road and notice right away that the stereo sounds different, the sound now seems to be down at the door speakers instead of 'filling' the truck, I know it is not in my head, something is different, it doesn't sound bad, it just isn't what it was - what happened to it? The sub still is working but does not seem to be putting out like it was, did a voice coil fry or is the amp for the sub failing? Anybody else experience this?

OP
OP
00EddieExpy

00EddieExpy

Reaction score
Took it to the local shop today and dropped it off, they just called and said sub looked fine, they even tried a new one (kicker) which did not sound any different. So what goes bad in the head unit that would cause the sound to change so drastically? If I go for a touch screen double din (understand need to modify the opening) will the factory amps from Mach system still run the speakers and sub with an adapter harness? Is there any adapter made to keep the rear controls functional?

thanks!!

TactialMonkey

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well I had my stock system working with the single din pioneer I picked up and sometimes it just starts to suck no idea why and if you are about the power of music and want it to hit hard get a pioneer head unit metra makes all the connectors except for the rear console but I mean I really didn't want my ******** friends screwing with my tunes so its a win win :favorites13: but here are the links for adapters and such that is the radio and the amp! I do have a 99 OEM headunit if you pay shipping I can send it your way!

Amazon.com: Metra 70-5517 Radio Wiring Harness for Ford Pre Amp Plug #3: Car Electronics

OP
OP
00EddieExpy

00EddieExpy

Reaction score
Well I finally pulled the trigger and had a Pioneer AVH-X2500 head unit and back-up camera installed on Friday and my system no longer sucks. My sub is alive and well again. Still learning all the functions of the head unit but I am loving it - Bluetooth, iPod control with iPhone5, and Pandora, all works great and so much control over the audio my system sounds way better than it did before my head unit went bad. Looks great too - like it was always there!
picture.jpg

hammerg26

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is there a gap at the top of the HU?
I am looking to replace the unit in my EB as well.
Also, which shop did your work?

BIGRED03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's a good looking system. Did it include Bluetooth and XM Travel?

1997SCEBFEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was gonna say replace the sub as that was my prob many years ago, but glad you figured it out; new unit looks nice.

PanHandler.

OP
OP
00EddieExpy

00EddieExpy

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the compliments, I am very happy with the improvement in sound and the way it looks like it could have come factory. Hammer, there is no gap at the top, that is the disc loading slot that didn't catch any light in the photo; you can see the trim kit slightly going across the top. I had it installed by Audiotronics in Bradenton, FL and am pleased with the job they did. Big Red, the 2500 has Bluetooth which works great and I am not sure if I can even hear a difference between Bluetooth audio and the USB connection. The next model -AVH-x3500BHS adds HD radio and the ability to connect the optional satellite radio package which the 2500 does not. And Panhandler I initially thought something happened to my sub as well after reading so many posts here of factory subs failing, the sub still played but all sounds including vocals came thru it, I think the crossover network inside the factory head unit fried allowing all frequencies to go to it, the Pioneer has so many adjustments that I have it dialed in better than it ever sounded before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PalosX