Memorial Day mpg. Satisfied!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beardskii

Reaction score
Filled her up and headed to Dallas yesterday. I was beyond shocked, wonder what kind of mpg I averaged. I had cruise control set at 70 and the AC keeping us fresshhhh.

gaBXgy4.jpg

OP
OP
B

Beardskii

Reaction score
Yeah, I was on low fuel and put a little over 20 gallons in her. I honestly thought the tank was 25 tops. I'm sure if I had her filled to the brim I would have had that 280 at half you were talking about.

I really don't get these kind of opportunities for highway miles so the mpg was shocking. I wish my in town reflected anything close to these numbers. I probably hit 300 in town on a full tank.

cymru

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I love these mpg posts.... haha buy a 4 cylinder Escape and be done with it. I want an excursion because if I have to run you over I can. That's why I drive the Expedition an old one to boot. I am going to look better than you after we get tangled up. Just like the guy said at the Mercedes Dealership if you are worried about using premium gas maybe you should be looking at a different vehicle. For arguments sake lets say gas is 4 dollars a gallon and you get 15 miles per gallon in you expedition and the other guy gets 30. That means for a 300 mile trip it costs you 80 and him 40. so lets say you drive 30k a year it is going to cost you 8k to his 4k. 8k is about 2k more than your truck. So again if that is the biggest thing on your mind then well get an escape....

OP
OP
B

Beardskii

Reaction score
I love these mpg posts.... haha buy a 4 cylinder Escape and be done with it. I want an excursion because if I have to run you over I can. That's why I drive the Expedition an old one to boot. I am going to look better than you after we get tangled up. Just like the guy said at the Mercedes Dealership if you are worried about using premium gas maybe you should be looking at a different vehicle. For arguments sake lets say gas is 4 dollars a gallon and you get 15 miles per gallon in you expedition and the other guy gets 30. That means for a 300 mile trip it costs you 80 and him 40. so lets say you drive 30k a year it is going to cost you 8k to his 4k. 8k is about 2k more than your truck. So again if that is the biggest thing on your mind then well get an escape....

Can't I just be excited about my mpg? I think I already prefaced this by indicating my understanding and acceptance of my mpg. I like many others bought this vehicle for the size and reliability.

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm liking the summer blend gas. We went to Az last weekend and managed 18mpg on the way out. I checked the numbers 3 times and had my wife double check. Wasn't as good on the way home though. E10 gas and a head wind the whole way home.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Beardskii

Reaction score
I'm liking the summer blend gas. We went to Az last weekend and managed 18mpg on the way out. I checked the numbers 3 times and had my wife double check. Wasn't as good on the way home though. E10 gas and a head wind the whole way home.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

I felt the same way when I filled up in Dallas. Filled back up at a 7/11 got home with above a quarter tank. When I arrived in Dallas I had a little under half.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score

The reason he is posting his MPG is that he isn't used to his big vehicle getting such good gas mileage. Personally I think that is pretty impressive, since as I said, I get about 250 miles before I have to put 22 gallons back into it. Nothing wrong with getting good MPG while driving a tank...