Memory power seat install into XLT/SSV - which wires to tap on second harness?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

USMCBuckWild

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How am i gonna shock myself with an UNPLUGGED seat???

Just trying to add a little pevity since witing inevitably kicks my ass everytime!

Seriously though, I sincerely hope you get to the bottom of this and get those seats working, and post a how to for others.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
But how many to each motor? If it is 2 then it is a regular motor, more than three it is probably a stepper motor.

ebasista

Reaction score
You have to cut the wires at the memory seat controller. You will loose the memory seat function. This is because the controller talks to a part of your truck that the SSV doesnt have.

Took me about an hour to do.

mem seat controller.JPG mem seat controller.JPGExped wiring.JPG
Seat Controller diagram.JPG

ebasista

Reaction score
OK, finally got home and took the seat out to take some pictures.

The second harness in the seat connector is the one you have to splice to get power to the seat.
I've also taken a picture of the splices I did with a terminal strip to connect the motors to the seat switches. You will have power seats, just no memory since the SSV BCM doesn't have the options/wiring for the memory function.

When you cut the seat/motor switches in the driver's seat module connect them like the excel file below says and looks like in the terminal strip. Then connect power to the white second large connector (right next to the square large square connector(black) that goes to the exped and you will have a working 10 way power driver's seat

Exped Dr seat Stock.JPG Exped wiring.JPG Seat Splices.jpg

Exped 2nd connector.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Then CONNECT POWER to the white second large connector (right next to the square large square connector(black) that goes to the exped and you will have a working 10 way power driver's seat

Could you be more specific

Connect power to which pins, and where to splice it from an XLT

This was my problem, not the switches