MPGs Suck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
BTW, just went to and from Iowa first, and then Wisconsin in about 2 week time and got 15.2MPG at about 3400 miles... Cruise was mainly set between 75 and 78. I can tell you, that when I got gas in Iowa, Wisconsin and Illinois, from them having more Ethanol in their gas, mileage dropped, but averaged 15.2 overall.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My big tank 4x4 will get up to 15 straight highway. The 3 valve motors definitely get better than the 2's. 4x4 robs about 2 in town, and probably that much if not more highway. In my humble opinion all politicians are crooks! Your right about Democrats getting a pass on a lot of things. As bad as things get, only the good old red, white, and blue lets you enjoy this kind of lifestyle. How'd you like to live somewhere where you'd be shot for talking on a forum like ours!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Cooldog

Reaction score
Dragging front brakes caused my mileage to drop from 16.5 to 12.5 in the rural/small town driving that I routinely do. I tried servicing the calipers without doing a full rebuild and that improved them, but in the end I simply replaced them.

CrAzYJoe85

Reaction score
Also try running 91oct pure gas as I get 26mpg highway on that compared to 18mpg 87oct 16mpg on 89oct e15 this is on a 2017 Eb xlt

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My big tank 4x4 will get up to 15 straight highway. The 3 valve motors definitely get better than the 2's. 4x4 robs about 2 in town, and probably that much if not more highway. In my humble opinion all politicians are crooks! Your right about Democrats getting a pass on a lot of things. As bad as things get, only the good old red, white, and blue lets you enjoy this kind of lifestyle. How'd you like to live somewhere where you'd be shot for talking on a forum like ours!

yeah, I've never had a 2WD before, always a 4x4. So, that's part of the problem too.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Everybody's vehicle will vary depending on tune, way they drive, and little things, like wheel alignment, if brakes have any drag on them, where you live. I get a kick out of Chevrons claim, our gas gets best mileage. I used to buy Chevron because of credit card. My mileage never varied always 9-10 city, 14-15 straight highway. Didn't matter winter or summer, never changed. You can take 2 vehicles with same mileage, both pass smog tests with flying colors, one gets 10 the other 12, why? It boils down to looseness of motor, trans, brakes, and the way the 2 drive. Me I drive like a Grandpa, my brakes go 40k, but my mileage never gets above 10 city/ short highway driving.

rollinstone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2014...12 mpg in and around town, 12 mpg towing our 3100 lb trailer. Rarely take it on long distant highway excursions without the trailer. We use the Lexus 300h for those trips! :)

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
See what I was talking about in another post. 26 mpg, yeah right! People in this life like to brag that their life is so much better than yours. It's a power thing, like so many other items in their life that's not right, so they embellish on other things. It's sad they have issues on other things in their life. Either that or they have a long haired, bearded religious dude riding along with them, you know this guy, he walks on water, and claims he can turn water into wine! Hope I didn't piss any of our religious group off. Me I'm a scientific kind of guy, this isn't my first rodeo. Cars/trucks are designed to run a certain way, get certain mileage per gallon. I'm like Missouri, show me, prove it, or sit down!

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
See what I was talking about in another post. 26 mpg, yeah right! People in this life like to brag that their life is so much better than yours. It's a power thing, like so many other items in their life that's not right, so they embellish on other things. It's sad they have issues on other things in their life. Either that or they have a long haired, bearded religious dude riding along with them, you know this guy, he walks on water, and claims he can turn water into wine! Hope I didn't piss any of our religious group off. Me I'm a scientific kind of guy, this isn't my first rodeo. Cars/trucks are designed to run a certain way, get certain mileage per gallon. I'm like Missouri, show me, prove it, or sit down!

Well to be fair moose. I reset my trip meter going downhill once and saw over 30 MPG!!:dogpile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1