Multiple electrical issues....help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

swagfu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got a multimeter this morning. In the panel behind the fuse box, I tested #4 (result 12.16) and #14 (result 12.12). My battery showed 12.34. In the power distribution box i tested #12 (result 12.43). #110 Has continuity but I couldn't get a reading on it on the tester. As far as 212 and 213 go, I can hear them both clicking when I turn the rear wiper switch to the on position.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Fuse 110 should have 12 volts at all times Pull that fuse and place one lead into the contact area to see if you have voltage with the fuse removed you will only see voltage on one side Look at the fuse and see if there is any signs of corrosion on the contacts Also look into the area where the fuse plugs into to make sure there is no signs of corrosion and make sure the socket that the blades of the fuse contact are closed.

If the appear to be loose you can squeeze them together so the fuse makes better contact

OP
OP
S

swagfu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I will go check that now. Oh yeah, I do not have memory mirrors. I am also going to pull the door panel of and check or power at the switch. As far as the rear wiper goes, is there anything else I need to check? I just replaced the motor a few weeks ago and now nothing. Not even hearing it try.

OP
OP
S

swagfu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok, I went to check 110. It is showing 12.3 on one side. I also removed the door panel and check for power at the switch and at the mirror connection. Both read .06 whether the key is in the on position or off. Whats next?

All the connections look clean with no corrosion at all.

Fuse 110
20170311_151004_zpsxfmr6l9b.jpg

Inner door
20170311_152522_zpsv8k0qxsd.jpg

Mirror switch plug

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You may want to pull the rear hatch panel and disconnect the connector at the motor Then we can check for power at that connector

OP
OP
S

swagfu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Gotta be honest, all this electrical checking is frustrating. In the end it will probably be something simple. Are there any more ground areas inside that I can check?

OP
OP
S

swagfu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How do i check it while in? do i need to take off the little cap?

I will go out and pull the back panel off and check the connection there as well. Be back shortly

OP
OP
S

swagfu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Went out to check the rear wiper. I can hear the relays and the motor trying to go, but it is still not wiping. Even if I lift a little by hand.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry forgot 110 is a maxi fuse check it with the ohm meter as long as you had power into it you should have power out