My 07 backup camera install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grgch95

Reaction score
I know my 03 Eddie Bauer has an option that when you put it in reverse the side mirrors automatically adjust down so you can see better when backing. Possibly this is why. Just a guess. Haven't had a need to check out wiring.

OP
OP
T

thetechie01

Reaction score
I don't believe they offered a backup camera option in 08, that started in 09. My rear view mirror auto dims when headlights are behind you, however, that feature turns off when you put it in reverse so you can see better, and that's the reason for a reverse wire at the mirror

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't believe they offered a backup camera option in 08, that started in 09. My rear view mirror auto dims when headlights are behind you, however, that feature turns off when you put it in reverse so you can see better, and that's the reason for a reverse wire at the mirror

FYI:
2007: Rear view camera was not available.
2008: Rear view camera (with display only available in rear view mirror) was a $495 stand-alone option on Eddie Bauer, King Ranch, and Limited. Not available on XLT.
2009: Rear view camera now standard equipment on Limited and King Ranch, still only in rear view mirror. For Eddie Bauer models, it was included in optional EB Convenience Package. Not available on XLT.
2010: Rear view camera still standard on Limited & KR, still optional on EB but now in different package, still unavailable on XLT. In rear view mirror unless vehicle also has optional Navigation radio.
2011: Still standard in Ltd & KR. Now included with XLT Premium. Still in rear view mirror unless vehicle also has optional Navigation radio.
2012-2014: Pretty much carry over except now XLT Premium is only available in XL version. Same mirror unless Nav as prior.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
even though it wasn't an option u can still buy the OEM camera that is entire top piece of the tailgate right above the license plate...u can install that...a couple of guys have done this but aren't active anymore...as u see from above it was a stand alone option in 08

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Which wire is the reverse wire?

You can tap into it in a few places, but I would recommend doing it at connector C214, which is accessible behind the glove box on the right side. There are a stack of connectors there; it is the second one from the bottom. The reverse wire is the green/brown wire (pin #12). Alternately, you could use connector C211 which is also behind the glove box, but above it on the right. Green/brown wire again (pin #5). You can test with a multimeter with the vehicle in reverse to make sure you have the correct wire.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Behind on the firewall under the hood or actually behind the globe box

Mr. 10K

drokmofo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can also find the reverse wire under the door sill panel. It just pops up and then search thru the bundle for the green/brown wires. That's where I made my connection.