Need fuse box help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Usual causes for excessive current draw:
Poor connections
Corrosion in the wiring
Failing fuel pump
Low supply voltage

Two options - toss parts at it until you get lucky or diagnose it then replace or repair the problem. To diagnose you'll need a good dmm to check voltages in the circuit.
If you go the diagnostic route do you know how to use the dmm?

OP
OP
J

jbarr73

Reaction score
Well Money is a little short after buying that fuse box lol so ill start with the cheapest first lol

OP
OP
J

jbarr73

Reaction score
I have ordered an ford service manual should be here any day ill follow what the book says so i'm not just throwing money at it

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do as stamp suggest and go the diagnostic route and I am sure you will find that the Service manual will say just about the same

But it is always nice to have the manual

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
another suggestion would be not to drive it until you get the problem resolved You don't need for the problem to cause you to replace another fuse box

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When you finally find the cure to the problem.
Post the results as it may help others
Keep the forum updated

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Since you just got the Expy I would change the fuel filter too and see if that lessens the load on the fuel pump. A clogged fuel filter will cause all kinds of problems. After that you can put a amp meter in the fuel pump circuit and check for amperage draw. Or even do it before and after the new fuel filter install and compare the difference. Just get one of the mini-fuse testers off Amazon, they work great and they're easy to use. There's an adapter available if you already have a digital multimeter too.

Mini Fuse multimeter adapter

Fuse-Buddy-Mini-Tester .... Time limitations of 10 seconds under load....

-Mike

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jbarr73

Reaction score
I just changed the fuel filter with little to no change. the fuel pump relay is getting warm and the engine is misfiring every now and then.