Need help asap!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You probably have a lot of play in the timing chains, not a bad idea to change. A lot of work. Be sure you check cam timing before you pull off chains, make sure you didn't slip a tooth on one of the cams. As far as the intake gaskets, you can spray old ones for leaks. If your going to swap out intake gaskets, you'll want to replace plastic intake, they give way. Good luck , you really like digging into this one. Plastic cam tensioners will have to be replaced as well with over 200 k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
G

Glenn Sawyer

Reaction score
Also has new maf. And intake air temp sensor. Timing kit has everything in it. Intake on mine is aluminum.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well you've gone beyond ASAP, might have to change thread title to long term project or what it did last summer!

OP
OP
G

Glenn Sawyer

Reaction score
Lol. U might be right. But I needed asap due to new baby tomorrow morning. So atleast if needed I do have it. And thank to people here that has happened

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Best free advice this side of your mom and dad!

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Congrats on new baby. If it's a boy you can teach about cars! If a girl maybe she'll like wrenching too!

OP
OP
G

Glenn Sawyer

Reaction score
True. Second baby girl. My other is 2. Traded a 97 k1500 for the expedition so I wouldn't have to fight to get 2 car seats in

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Girls like cars sometimes. Well they love driving them at least. With all the great gloves for auto work, they can keep their hands clean at least. Hell I use them these days. Congrats again, Moose!

OP
OP
G

Glenn Sawyer

Reaction score
I found a aluminum lower intake on ebay. 175. I may get it in the near future. After the truck is fixed of course