need some help with a lot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joeyg8

Full Access Members
Reaction score
so I bought my 2000 xlt two weeks ago with 130k on it. looked underneath and no leaks drive it home and tere are four spots. two from the exhaust no biggie and one in front and other in back. look at the duffs and I can see some stain marks in the covers so my problems are

1-bad gasket and just change fluid and seal?

2-what does the tranny shift At normal driving. mine was around 2200

3- should I change tranny fluid? some ppl have told me not to touch it

4- whT weight for te front rear and transfer case

5- any links for a cheap 3-4 inch lift kit

rewarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 1999 XLT. My truck has a Rancho 4" lift using Bilstein shocks. I also have rear coils in the rear not the airbags. I believe the Bilstein shocks make a hugh difference in ride quality. Whatever lift you get, I would invest in Bilsteins. My truck drives like a Cadillac?

OP
OP
J

joeyg8

Full Access Members
Reaction score
this Is my snow/rain truck so I wanna go something low budget and don't really care about ride since I have another car for nice days

Exia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
this Is my snow/rain truck so I wanna go something low budget and don't really care about ride since I have another car for nice days

If you are going that rate, than buy bigger tires, or 18" rims the rims and tires on mine lifted it 2 inchs. and you can find alot of aftermarket rims on craigslist cheap 50 to 300 depending how desperate the seller needs cash

Jay87LX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
1. Yes, start with a fluid change and new RTV when installing the cover- make sure both surfaces are clean and follow the instructions on the RTV which usually states to let it set up for 30 minutes.

2. Depends on how deep your foot is in it- 2200 sounds about right for casual driving

3. If you are unsure of the previous owners maintenence schedule I would definately change it, the whole theory about not touching it is people think that it will all of a sudden start slipping and the fact is that when that happens damage to the trans was already done and someone was trying to save it via a tranny flush- Bottom line, change it

4. Rear is 75W 140 and rear is 75 90

5.as was said above or check performance accessories website