New 2016 Owner - with plenty of questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
pcmpete

pcmpete

Reaction score
If you want OEM remote start....all you need is a key kit from the dealer. The PCM has remote start built in. You will get 2 new keys for the remote start and your old key will still work normally. I have the feature in mine and works great!

Do you know the part number? Can install myself and turn it on via ForScan?

Thanks

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It would appear you don't need anything installed. It's built-in to the computers, just needs new keys and to flip a flag in FORScan. You posted in the other thread about it that I'm pulling this from.

I highly doubt the dealer would switch it for you without charging you, but it's pretty easy to do on your own.

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you know the part number? Can install myself and turn it on via ForScan?

Thanks
I would have to research the part number...Ford calls it a "Remote Start Kit" but when you open the box it's just the two new keys. Yeah I got charged for "labor" by the dealer. LOL At least it's factory!

Kwik SC

Reaction score
Factory remote start is the bestest!! This should become a standard option on every make and model car like bluetooth is becoming.