New Brake Pad Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

Quick question

Being a brand new Expedition owner, I am concerned about the brake dust, I read your review of the new pads...I bought mine around the middle of January of 2004...would mine come with the new pads automatically ? My neighbor and I bought new ones from the same dealership at about the same time, we complained about the brake dust, but they did not say anything about the new pads ? My neighbor has also contacted Ford directly and they said they are working on it. I am a little confused, I need to wash my wheels about twice a week, not every day, so does that mean I have the new pads ? Any insight would be appreciated...thanks in advance.

daveplot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Re: Quick question

Originally posted by heavyg
I bought mine around the middle of January of 2004
But when was it made? The door sticker should have a month/year.

OP
OP
G

10/03 was when it was made, so I do not have the new pads ?
I wonder why Ted Britt Ford played dumb on this issue...Money of course. Any idea if dealers will replace the pads for free or do you have to make a big stink ?
I'll talk to my neighbor and call the dealer tomorrow

daveplot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You have the old pads. It's up to the dealer if they want to replace them for free.

OP
OP
G

Thanks Dave, I'll let ya know how it goes...
Have a good week
Greg

jjgi5150

Reaction score
Chime de-activation

Hi kid,

Hey, thanks for the info on the de-activation process for the chimes in the manual...I should have read it all by now, but have not had the time....I'll try it now and see how it does...

Thanks again,

JJ

Keydo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Rather than having the dealership replace the pads at a ridiculous price, has anyone simply priced out the new the pads and replaced the pads by themselves? Just curious what the brake pads by themselves are going for.

The old brake pads create A LOT of black dust on the running boards, almost to the point that no amount of scrubbing will bring the running boards back to their original condition.

Anyhow try to have their blackened running boards replaced? Kind of a bum that a Ford part is causing damage to another Ford part.

daveplot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Keydo...

I'm eventually going to speak with the Service Director (manager over service mgr., tech, and body shop)

I want the pads and running boards replaced due to the fact that the excessive dust has permanently stained the running boards.

This wasn't a problem with our 98 Expy that had tan running boards.

OP
OP
G

Dave,

Not sure where you are in Maryland, but I just got an 04 from Koons in Falls Church and after 1 phone call, they are replacing my pads out with the new ones at no charge to me. You might want to try a Koons dealer. There is one in Balto and One in Annapolis. They did not question me at all other than to say what day did i want to come in?

Good luck