New Expy owner here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JonFrancis76

JonFrancis76

Reaction score
I started an RMA from partsgeek.com
This was my first time buying from them because Rockauto's shipping was so much. I think Partsgeek is going to make me pay for return shipping. On these big struts, that's going to be expensive probably the last time I'll order from them.

I'm going to give these springs a couple weeks to settle but I don't think it will settle enough. Then I'm going to order the Bilstein replacement struts and rebuild the originals, install them and send these Moogs back.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
First time uploading pics...
You can see the huge gap in the front wheel well.

View attachment 23838

View attachment 23839
Well yours looks like mine after I did a 3” spacer up front and 2” in the rear
CE1F6F6F-B245-4092-9982-C33D1864D14F.png
One thing to remember though is that those assemblies haven’t seen any pressure on them since they were built and are probably going to take some time settling. That does seem like a huge gap though. Keep an eye on those measurements.

OP
OP
JonFrancis76

JonFrancis76

Reaction score
Well yours looks like mine after I did a 3” spacer up front and 2” in the rear
View attachment 23842
One thing to remember though is that those assemblies haven’t seen any pressure on them since they were built and are probably going to take some time settling. That does seem like a huge gap though. Keep an eye on those measurements.
Really! I was thinking this whole be a good lift strut for a 4x4.
If anything though.... I would've wanted the front lowered an inch.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
I did the brakes today.... No air ride.
I did get all 4 drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads installed
I also discovered that a 22mm deep socket works best for the lug nuts. 22 is a little loose and I had to tap the 21mm on.
I had a chance to wash all the dealer gunk off too. Looks much better with some wash n wax and tire shine.
13/16" is the correct size.

Are those powerstop rotors? I actually did powerstop pads, rotors, motorcraft wheel bearings and front hubs yesterday. Hoping the brakes hold up well because the truck stops so much better

OP
OP
JonFrancis76

JonFrancis76

Reaction score
13/16" is the correct size.

Are those powerstop rotors? I actually did powerstop pads, rotors, motorcraft wheel bearings and front hubs yesterday. Hoping the brakes hold up well because the truck stops so much better
Brake motive on eBay. $260 for all 4 rotors and ceramic pads. Definitely worth a try at that price. We drive through the mountains loaded down every summer so we have to have ceramic.
Truck looks good for an 11!
Thanks! 98k miles on it. Everything works and it had brand new Pirelli's on it. Needed front struts though....

OP
OP
JonFrancis76

JonFrancis76

Reaction score
13/16" worked good on my lugs today when I rotated tires. Went to 150 ft-lbs
These trucks are all metric right? I had all of my socket sets, metric and sae out when I changed the front struts. I still wasn't sure. I think it's metric but strange sizes like 13mm and 15mm that I don't use often. I had to tap the 21mm on the lug nuts with a hammer then every nut gets stuck in the socket. The 22mm deep socket worked but its loose.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1