New First Gen In The Works!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

workman8505

Full Access Members
Reaction score
lol the second one is the one that started this whole thing isnt it still a nice truck. save your self some cash and come to ga you can pick up expys for 3500 to 4000
id if its 4x4 but its nice
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/2954519037.html
this one is 4x4 and in good shape well its awd lol
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/cto/2923007706.html
this one needs a tail light but nice other than that
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/2954267591.html
this one already has a warn 9000bls winch lol
http://chattanooga.craigslist.org/cto/2916091310.html
they are all over the place down here but these are all private owners i don't like dealers they tend to jack the price up.

OP
OP
rburch

rburch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can get them for that price here but they have 160,000-200,000+ miles, and I am trying to get something with 150,000 or less so hopefully it will last a while, and through a dealer so it would help my credit. And the only reason I am using a dealer is because they can negotiate with the banks better than I! lol!

This would be my first vehicle that I didn't pay cash for!

workman8505

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yea i can see that that's why i took over payments on mine is to try and help my credit and to help out the in-laws just for them to walk all over me lol. heck they are hard to find with lower miles but i have seen a few at pull a part with almost 300,000 on em but i have seen em there with 120,000 as well. ive got around 210,000 on mine now and the only thing i worry about is the tranny.
and banks are a b**** they don't want to give anything at this point unless its new or your credit is 700+ and i dont know any one with credit that good.
and to be honest both the ones you listed i would take in a heart beat if i could they look good trucks.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I can get them for that price here but they have 160,000-200,000+ miles, and I am trying to get something with 150,000 or less so hopefully it will last a while, and through a dealer so it would help my credit. And the only reason I am using a dealer is because they can negotiate with the banks better than I! lol!

This would be my first vehicle that I didn't pay cash for!

Just speculating a bit but think it would be hard to get loan for used vehicle unless the bank feels the vehicle is worth as much or more than the amount you are taking the loan out for. That may be tough in the used expy market...specially from dealers that get their percentage regardless of your credit score. After all the vehicle is the banks collateral.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rburch

rburch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/ctd/2911568077.html

Went and looked at this one and it was a lemon! I get there and the owner greets me and asks if i was the one to look at the Expy, I say yes and he goes and gets the keys.
As we are walking out to the truck from his office he is telling me how nice the truck is, and it has the rear entertainment, and how nice it runs. Im thinking to myself thats sweet cause it looks awesome on the computer! We get to the truck and he opens the door and the first thing I see is the drivers side window control panel is not mounted to the door! The seats are wore as bad as mine! And then he starts the truck! *****! As soon as he turned the key the truck fired up but had a rod knocking! I told him thanks for his time but i was no longer interested! He asked me why? And i told him that the truck had a rod knocking and wasn't worth what he was asking! I told him thanks for his time and left!

But it runs great! He said this about 5 times! LOL!

OP
OP
rburch

rburch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just speculating a bit but think it would be hard to get loan for used vehicle unless the bank feels the vehicle is worth as much or more than the amount you are taking the loan out for. That may be tough in the used expy market...specially from dealers that get their percentage regardless of your credit score. After all the vehicle is the banks collateral.

I don't disagree! It is tough in the whole used car market!

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
I find the same thing when looking at used cars...my version on clean is a whole lot different than others....I will never forget I went and looked a S-10 and the guy told me it was a clean truck and in good shape...I got there and it was a pile of doo doo...I opened the drivers door and it dropped 2 inches...the lower inside rocker was rusted out and gone...the lower hinge had nothing to attach to...the ash tray was over flowing, burn holes, garbage on the inside...I said thanks but no thanks...he said it runs good...I said yeah, then you drive it...Burch I will sell you mine 10,500 and I have all the history and all the receipts...that price include the Edge programmer!

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I find the same thing when looking at used cars...my version on clean is a whole lot different than others....I will never forget I went and looked a S-10 and the guy told me it was a clean truck and in good shape...I got there and it was a pile of doo doo...I opened the drivers door and it dropped 2 inches...the lower inside rocker was rusted out and gone...the lower hinge had nothing to attach to...the ash tray was over flowing, burn holes, garbage on the inside...I said thanks but no thanks...he said it runs good...I said yeah, then you drive it...Burch I will sell you mine 10,500 and I have all the history and all the receipts...that price include the Edge programmer!

Will you finance it?? :)